I currently play a line 6 spider as a practice amp and a DSL Halfstack for gigging and would really like my own head or better practice amp.

I play mainly Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Metallica, Thrash, AC/DC and lots of british sounding bands.

My question is this where can i get a british voiced amp (head/combo) that is quite cheap but still very good what makes are any good?

My budget is not very important because im only goin to try them out first then decide on saving up for one.

Ive heard good things about laney heads and marshall, Are spider valves british-voiced because they have v30s in them and people say they are better than SS line 6s

Can someone recommend a combo/amp that is preferably no more than £800 and has enough power to gig with?

EDIT: forgot to add can it be a tube amp please.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
the best advice would be to stick with british amps. look at marshall jcm's, blackstar amps, orange amps, and laney amps
For £800 definately look into EVA amps, they are meant to sound amazing. Handwired in England. And for a cab I wouldn't suggest getting V30's as they are very modern voiced.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
You could look at Hayden amps. Their MoFo 30w is creating a good following lately. I know the head is about £425 and is switchable down to 2w for practice. Sound has been compared to a Blackstar HT-5 but with lots more power.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Marshalls, Oranges and Voxes are British voiced, so try one of those.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Quote by Lurcher
You could look at Hayden amps. Their MoFo 30w is creating a good following lately. I know the head is about £425 and is switchable down to 2w for practice. Sound has been compared to a Blackstar HT-5 but with lots more power.

+1 for the Hayden - I've got one and love it!!!!!!!
Orange Rocker 30, or the AD 30 (£40 over budget).
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by Jak Archer
For £800 definately look into EVA amps, they are meant to sound amazing. Handwired in England. And for a cab I wouldn't suggest getting V30's as they are very modern voiced.

would the EVAs get heavy enough for thrash? I dunno, I haven't tried them, just the reviews said they weren't really aimed at metal. I assume they'd do the classic to hard rock stuff really well, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lurcher

just about to post that
look at lee jackson's. their marshall copies. i would heavily recommend a head/cab so you can have the closed back cabinet, you'll want that.

if you really want the experience of a lifetime, then get a matamp.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
bugera 1990, $600 at guitar center, sounds like a marshall jcm 900, sound's great for all the band's you listed, trust me,i have one