Hey everyone,
Not sure where this should go, so I thought I'd toss it in here.
This is the computer I have

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9366633&type=product&id=1218092152998

And I also currently have a pocket pod. I was wondering if I were to get an mp3 auxiliary port cable, if I could hook it into the headphone jack of my pocket pod and into the recording input for my computer and be able to record directly. If I have to get a PodXT or X3 to get straight to comp recording, I will. But, if I can avoid it, that's a good amount of money I can save. Anyone have a solution or answer?
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.
If you hook your guitar up to any amp with an output, and then hook the output to your computer, you can record to the computer without using mics.

There are other ways, and probably ways to do it without an amp, but that's the only way I know of.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
If you hook your guitar up to any amp with an output, and then hook the output to your computer, you can record to the computer without using mics.

There are other ways, and probably ways to do it without an amp, but that's the only way I know of.

dude.....no.
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
Why is that a no?
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
yes no problem. I do it all the time.. I guess that the quality isn't studio but it's fine for home use. I use a piece of free software called Audacity to record with.
Quote by thrench
yes no problem. I do it all the time.. I guess that the quality isn't studio but it's fine for home use. I use a piece of free software called Audacity to record with.

I love Audacity I like it better than the Ableton software i bought.
if you try to stick an amp head without a speaker to it, and then stick the speaker out to a computer, you will be lucky if you dont destroy your computer and amp. you cannot/should not run an amp without speakers attached. now if you have a line/headphone out, that is different (still need a speaker). otherwise, do not do this.

also, there is a recording forum. one would assume this goes there. there are lots of stickies in that forum you can read to help you get on track. ill move this, but please read them.
Quote by Guitar2theface

That'll be horrible. I tried it once for lulz and it was ****ing terrible. Definately do not do this.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
the headphone out with the pocketpod to the line in on your soundcard will work fine. it won't be awesome, but it'll sound good enough to jot some ideas down with at least.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Would I get better quality if I were to just play through my amp and buy a mic? I thought maybe directly from the headphone jack to the computer would get somewhat more decent quality than through a microphone.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Quote by Vale_Deo
Would I get better quality if I were to just play through my amp and buy a mic? I thought maybe directly from the headphone jack to the computer would get somewhat more decent quality than through a microphone.

Probably not, you've got to remember that the computer soundcard is the weak-link in hte chain here, regardless of what you run through it, it won't sound very good.
Computer soundcards are not designed for (high quality) recording.
Quote by Guitar2theface

This is hove ITS DONE!!

1. let your amp stay CONNECTED to the cab
2. Connect your FX out to the PC
3. Get LeCab or other cab simulator + get IRs (www.recabi.net tells you everything about that)
4. record

This is hove ITS DONE!!

1. let your amp stay CONNECTED to the cab
2. Connect your FX out to the PC
3. Get LeCab or other cab simulator + get IRs (www.recabi.net tells you everything about that)
4. record

im definately gonna try this out, its the way ive been doing it but I didnt have a cab sim, I tried the guitar tracks pro thingy (dont know what its exactly called) and it ****ed up and I only manage to get the sound playing WHILE im playing, which is confusing and forces me to make mistakes :p

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>