My 4G old iPod nano broke today I need a new one now I was thinking about the 32G iPod touch or maybe an iPod classic or maybe one of the new nanos can you guys tell me which are the cheapest and which are the most reliable. Also if maybe you could tell me a cheap, reliable, alternative to iPods with lots of memory. Lastly is there any way I can can save my current iPod?
Help Please Pit.
Seeing how you are jewish. Steal one.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
my ipod touch is the only big chunk of money (a few hundred) that i've ever spent and not regretted it even for a second

thats including guitars, computers, tvs, xbox etc

srsly, decent sized/quality video, wifi, and music in one device is shockingly useful
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Jews don't steal, you're thinking of black people.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by maidenfan15
Jews don't steal, you're thinking of black people.

Oh yeah right. I always get those immigrants mixed up.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Ponyexpress
My 4G old iPod nano broke today I need a new one now I was thinking about the 32G iPod touch or maybe an iPod classic or maybe one of the new nanos can you guys tell me which are the cheapest and which are the most reliable. Also if maybe you could tell me a cheap, reliable, alternative to iPods with lots of memory. Lastly is there any way I can can save my current iPod?
Help Please Pit.

Which are the cheapest? You know, I don't know. If only there were some website where you could find out...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Lastly is there any way I can can save my current iPod?

Save? As in fix? You didn't tell us how it broke.

I have a 16 GB Ipod Nano. I've dropped it so many times and I'm amazed that mine hasn't broken yet. I can say the same for my phone and my Dad's Ipod Touch. I drop things a lot.

Edit: Oh, and if you go to the apple website and click on "Ipod + Itunes" (or something), it shows you the Ipods and how much each costs.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Last edited by Flippy Floppy at Sep 25, 2009,
i wish i had an iTouch. but ive played with them, and they have lots of apps. im asuming u play guitar, there are apps to find chords, tabs, and all that stuff. a 16GB iPod nano is $180. a 8gb iTouch is $200, and a 16gb is $300
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
I won an iPod touch the other day for writing the review for a gig I won free tickets too

Was a good night.

I would get the 120GB iPod classic, more storage than you'd ever need, probably the most reliable of the iPods, and I got mine for £120 refurbished, basiclaly brand new but not in a nice iPod box.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Get the new zune

/thread
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by Lagunaguitar
i wish i had an iTouch. but ive played with them, and they have lots of apps. im asuming u play guitar, there are apps to find chords, tabs, and all that stuff. a 16GB iPod nano is $180. a 8gb iTouch is $200, and a 16gb is $300

The prices have all dropped. Currently the Ipod Touch 8GB is $199 the 32GB is $299 and the 64GB is 399 USD.
go for the Classic!
Touch are too expensive for the lack of memory
and nanos dont have enough memory and look like they're meant for 12yo girls
DUTCH RUDDER?
Zune. iPods are rip offs. Half the price you pay if for the ****ing name.
Last.fm!

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
if you want the apps go with the touch if not then get the nano for music, or the classic if you have alot of videos
There is only 2 major choices to make here.

iPod Touch if your going to be using the wifi, youtube, and larger screen.
or an ipod video if you want larger memory for more songs, videos, etc. it does depend on how much music and videos you have, for some people 1 gig is enough, for others like me, I would need about 120
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Yeah, Like this other person said, just get the new Zune.

It's reliable, Has about eighty gigs and only costs about.. A hundred bucks?

Not only that, but if you have a microsoft pc, it's perfect to have.. seeing as I was chastised the other day for having a pc and an Ipod touch...

"Why don't you have a mac for your ipod?"

.. I hate it when people tell me that. I usually shout at them aggressively and strike them across the face with the back of my hand.. but he's my best friend. What am I gonna do?

But yeah, if you can't afford a good Ipod, get the zune. I hear that the downloading program for the Zune is really cheap. You pay about five bucks a month and you can download as many songs as you want off the program and put it on your zune. Sadly, it doesn't have super new releases, so you have to wait a good.. month or two to really get a new album for cheap... but you can still go out and buy the album off the shelves like a normal person and toss it on your zune.

If not, Get a ITouch. I got one, it's great, I've dropped it like twenty times and did a few intense combat rolls with it in my pocket (Don't ask) and it's only got one crack in the corner of the screen and it still works perfect. The touch screen is amazing on it, btw, so you won't be disappointed like getting a really bad touch phone.

So yerp.
I have 2 iPod touches and a iPhone and they are simply the greatest device I have ever bought, I use all of them all the time.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by Randaman
Zune. iPods are rip offs. Half the price you pay if for the ****ing name.

Did you forget that the prices are only about 10 bucks cheaper. Do you pay for the microsoft name too? I have a Zune love it but for the price difference of 10 USD I would rather get the Ipod seeming as how you also get the wide varitey of applications in the Apps. store.
Quote by alexcarroll15
go for the Classic!
Touch are too expensive for the lack of memory
and nanos dont have enough memory and look like they're meant for 12yo girls

They're so colorful, though....
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by Ziggy K.
Yeah, Like this other person said, just get the new Zune.

It's reliable, Has about eighty gigs and only costs about.. A hundred bucks?

Thats other older generation. the new ones only come in 16 and 32 GB. There only 10 dollars cheaper too.
32gb is too much. save some money by buying a 16gb instead.

seriously, do you really think you will fill 32gb?
Quote by GisleAune

I filled 27 GB on mine with just music.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by Ponyexpress
K all I'm considering at the moment is reliablility which will last longer a (probably 80gb) iPod classic or the (propably 32gb) iPod touch?

Can't get an 80GB Classic anymore. Gotsta go with 120.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

iPod Classic > All
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
my ipod touch is the only big chunk of money (a few hundred) that i've ever spent and not regretted it even for a second
l

Battery life = fail
My iPhone has been dropped more times than a hookers knees, the touch is just as reliable
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

He does sound like an absolute jew, aye.
Quote by GisleAune

I've filled nearly 60gb on my iPod
Quote by simmy17
Battery life = fail

36 hours of music is win

6 hours of wifi/video is also win
Quote by SteveHouse
Can't get an 80GB Classic anymore. Gotsta go with 120.

Actually unless you go with a refurbished model, you have to go 160 gigs. That is in my opinion the best value of them all. 160 gigs for only $250 cant really be beat. but the ipod touch does have alot of cool features.

And be careful with storage, you may think that you will never fill say, 16 gigs now, but you may find later on that you have more music than you ever thought you would. that happened to me. i started with a 2 gig first gen nano, then upgraded to 30 gigs thinking i would never fill it. I was wrong, now i need to upgrade again.
dont get a touch.

the touchscreen is a gimmick, and the interface for browsing through music is still crap like on all ipods.
there is only internet in places with wifi, so that means you will probably only use the internet at your house, where you already have a computer.
the screens will shatter really easily, and you have to pay to replace them.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
dont get a touch.

the touchscreen is a gimmick, and the interface for browsing through music is still crap like on all ipods.
there is only internet in places with wifi, so that means you will probably only use the internet at your house, where you already have a computer.
the screens will shatter really easily, and you have to pay to replace them.

someone's bitter that they cant afford a touch

the touch screen may well be a gimmick but it makes things damn easy to navigate.

there isnt a single scratch on my screen and most of the time it lives in my pocket with my keys

theres wifi all over the place, cafes, public buildings etc. its super handy at home if your PC is off

i can find a any song on my ipod at least as fast as any other ipod or music player in general. the latest ones even have voice control
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
36 hours of music is win

6 hours of wifi/video is also win

I do both. The battery life lasts no longer than 30 minutes if you do it at the same time on mine.
Last edited by simmy17 at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by simmy17
I do both. The battery life lasts no longer than 30 minutes if you do it at the same time on mine.

I have 2 touches and they both last hours before needing a charge, used it last night for 4hrs on the net and texting everyone
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo