I have a Gibson SG Standard, and the action is stiff. VERY STIFF. On my LP, its nice and fast.

So I took it to my shop and the repair guy adjusts the truss rod.

It feels ok now, but could I have adjusted it through the bridge?

My question was adjusting the truss rod necessary?

It still doesn't feel quite comfortable.

-JJ
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
google?
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Stiff? Do you mean it's harder to hold the strings onto the frets? If so, yes you can lower the action at the bridge. Or just get lighter strings
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
^exactly that, and its hard to do bends.

I use 10's, i dont think ill switch gauges any time soon.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
To lower the action you gotta set the truss rod in the right position first, not straight as an arrow, a bit of relief is fine. Then you can set the bridge. If the bow is too big then you might encounter massive fret buzz on first frets while the action will still be high around XII fret. Of course light fret buzz is fine, until you hear it in the amp of course. Try to do it by yourself, it's fairly easy. There's a rule of thumb for setting the neck relief - take your guitar pick (fairly thin guitar pick, I must add), fret the guitar on Ist an last fret and then try to insert the pick between the string and VII or IX fret. If there's too much space between, straighten up the neck, if you can't insert the pick then untighten the truss rod a bit.
Quote by flanders_91
google?

what's wrong with asking a question??? or should i have googled that?

normally adjusting it at the bridge wont be enough. could cause some fret buzz if you take it down too far. adjusting the truss rod and the bridge together would have yielded the best results (if that's what the guitar needs)
^Awesome guys thanks for the help!
Quote by NeverMeant