Since I'm going to change my nylon stringed guitar very soon I want to take this chance to clean up my fretboard and I guess the inside. A friend of mines said just use a cloth and some wood gel or something. Ima go to GC soon. What are somethings I can pick up in terms of guitar maintence and a good recomendation fora saddle at gc would be nice to.
Fretboard conditioner. There are many brands.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Try to get bone for the saddle if you can. It's very easy to work with and the benefits over plastic are incredible. Be warned though, if you use a Dremel tool on it to shape it it's gonna stink just like getting your teeth drilled at the dentist. Sanding it by hand wont give off that burnt bone smell.
Do they have it predone for you? I may messup the the action if I do it wrong. Also from 1st string to 6th should the saddle be sloping upwards?
i wouldnt take all the strings off at once to be honest...

from what i've been told...the tension the strings put on the neck keep the neck in place. if your guitar does not have a truss rod, the neck can warp without strings keeping it together

could be wrong, but thats what i was told
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
could be wrong, but thats what i was told

You were told wrong, unfortunately. Taking all your strings off won't hurt a thing. You should try it sometime. It makes cleaning things a hell of a lot easier.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by Thepredster
Do they have it predone for you? I may messup the the action if I do it wrong. Also from 1st string to 6th should the saddle be sloping upwards?

Classicals have a fairly flat fretboard, there isn't much of a radius to it and the strings are all close in diameter so there won't need to be as much of a tilt to the saddle as there would need to be on a steel string acoustic whose strings are quite different from low to high, in terms of string diameter. If you could just get a bone blank and sand it down to match the current saddle you'll be just fine. All this is assuming that the current one in the guitar is plastic. If it's already bone, well nevermind then.