Page 1 of 4
Not that I'm comparing anyone to Nirvana, but if you had to pick a modern day band, which one would you consider today's Nirvana? just curious...
Quote by cpt_pimp
my last fail was breaking up with my gf.

that's going to suck for a while

Quote by leg end
Well, not really haha!

Oh, I'm sorry I was under the impression this threat was going to be about a different Nirvana then the 90s grunge band.
Quote by MightyAl
I dunno, there are a ton of overrated bands out right now.

Exactly what i was going to say.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
jonas brothers
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
No one. Nirvana was a bad band, I wouldn't compare them to anyone unless I was trying ton insult that band.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

As in style or legacy?
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Nirvana was the pioneer for the 90's grunge movement...so I'm not sure I understand the question. are you asking what band is the current pioneer of a new style of music or just what band today is popular and sounds like Nirvana?
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Nirvana were Nirvana. No other band is today's Nirvana. They're a different band.

/killjoy
signature
Quote by MightyAl
I dunno, there are a ton of overrated bands out right now.

I'm a pretty big Nirvana fan, but this gave me a hearty lol (probably cos it's true).
I've heard someone say that they consider the meat puppets today's Nirvana.... this is why I'm asking
Quote by cpt_pimp

Quote by leg end
Well, not really haha!

Nothing popular is ever gonna be popular like it was in the 90s, 80s and so forth. When something like a band becomes popular these days they're nobodies in 2 weeks.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
No one. Nirvana was a bad band, I wouldn't compare them to anyone unless I was trying ton insult that band.

And what do you think is good music? I'm not a huge Nirvana fan, but I respect what they have done.

Who do you think is ground breaking... like defining a genre like Nirvana did?
Quote by homeless-john
I'm a pretty big Nirvana fan, but this gave me a hearty lol (probably cos it's true).

Hey, I'm not saying they were rubbish or anything. Just they weren't as pant-jizzingly awesome as some people(like TS) make out.
Black Sabbath
Quote by MightyAl
There once was a UG'er from Saskatoon
Who asked the Pit to do his homework
So I wrote him a limerick about wanking
That doesn't rhyme
And isn't really about wanking anyway.
Quote by schecter ftw
Foo Fighters?

After all, Dave was the drummer for Nirvana..

I don't consider Foo Fighters either grunge or Nirvanish anymore.
Quote by Fiire
I don't consider Foo Fighters either grunge or Nirvanish anymore.

True... True...
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

I beg to differ. They aren't good musicians or anything, but their songs are good, and they're fun to listen to IMO. Pixies? I know they came before Nirvana, an were one of the major inspirations for Kurt, but they're still active...
Quote by MightyAl
Hey, I'm not saying they were rubbish or anything. Just they weren't as pant-jizzingly awesome as some people(like TS) make out.

I never said that they were "pant-jizzingly awesome".... i fyou read my quick reply before you'll know why im asking...
Quote by cpt_pimp

Quote by leg end
Well, not really haha!

i knew every one would say "nirvana is nirvana, nobody can ever be like them their one of a kind blah blah." imo their is no band out there right now like nirvana because all of the bands now a days suck, and they arent pioneering anything except musics demise. its not that nobody can compare to them cuz their amazing, there is just no band that is like nirvana out nowadays
Tom Morello -
Every day on the street I have people coming up me and going, “Dude, I kicked your ass at Guitar Hero!” I’m like, “Yes, it’s a video game. You should get out more.”

Pearllllllllll Jammmmmmmm
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by eggsandham2
imo their is no band out there right now like nirvana because all of the bands now a days suck, and they arent pioneering anything except musics demise.

This is such a stupid thing to say. Have fun in your little nostalgic box for the rest of your life.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by popeye100
I never said that they were "pant-jizzingly awesome".... i fyou read my quick reply before you'll know why im asking...

I've never heard of the Meat Puppets.
Do you consider them to be pant-jizzingly awesome?
To be honest, Nirvana's talent at songwriting and musical ability is pretty comparable to the Jonas Brothers.
Quote by MightyAl

Apparently my cousin does
Quote by cpt_pimp

Quote by leg end
Well, not really haha!

Quote by popeye100
Apparently my cousin does

Well, next time he mentions them, just pass him the Kleenex.
Quote by maidenfan15
This is such a stupid thing to say. Have fun in your little nostalgic box for the rest of your life.

Yet your name is Maidenfan15?!?!?
Ahhh... to be young again and not understand irony.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

says the "mindless-shred" enthusist hendrix-hater

and meat puppets are pant-jizzingly awesome, just look up backwater on youtube
Last edited by tukk04 at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by piratemetalhead
To be honest, Nirvana's talent at songwriting and musical ability is pretty comparable to the Jonas Brothers.

Says the Smashing Pumpkins fan
Quote by MightyAl

Meat Puppets wrote, for example, Lake of Fire, which was covered, by Nirvana, and a much better version at that IMO, in their Unplugged album.
Quote by jimmyled
Meat Puppets wrote, for example, Lake of Fire, which was covered, by Nirvana, and a much better version at that IMO, in their Unplugged album.

I'll give you that... I don't usually like covers, but I did like that one.
Quote by MightyAl
Well, next time he mentions them, just pass him the Kleenex.

I like the meat puppets don't get me wrong but, I do not think by far that they are "today's Nirvana"...

Here's a good Meat Puppets Song called Backwater...
Meat Puppets-Backwater
Quote by cpt_pimp

Quote by leg end
Well, not really haha!

Quote by Vikingx
Says the Smashing Pumpkins fan

They both might have pretty self-obsessed frontmen, but at least Smashing Pumpkins knew better than to write three albums of uninspired power chord songs with lazy vox
Quote by Vikingx
Yet your name is Maidenfan15?!?!?
Ahhh... to be young again and not understand irony.

Tsk tsk. People said the same stuff about bands you like, and any innovators in history. I agree, most of today's bands aren't worth monkey ****, but first of all, some are, and second, they aren't musicians, so they don't count.
Page 1 of 4