will i need to drill any holes if i want to add to humbuckers prolly a seymour duncan into my squier bullet start or are the holes precut????
Bryce
If you want to put in a bridge humbucker, you should be okay as most Strats these days are routed to allow that. If you want to put it in the neck or mid position, though, you need to lose some wood.
Erm, if it's a single coil, then it will be single-coil rout. You'll need to have it custom routed for a humbucker.
Check if it's routed for a humbucker, if not, you'll need to route it. It's not hard to remove pickguards.
You might want to just buy a better guitar.
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
You might also keep all these questions in your original thread...

but anyway, if it's a squier it is most likely already routed to accept any pickup configuration.

that's one method they use to cut costs, they rout all bodies the same so they can just be stuck on a shelf and grabbed whenever they need it. And they don't have to worry about the routing. Otherwise they would have to set up several different toolings for the different routings. that equals more cost.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by jonmo1
You might also keep all these questions in your original thread...

but anyway, if it's a squier it is most likely already routed to accept any pickup configuration.

that's one method they use to cut costs, they rout all bodies the same so they can just be stuck on a shelf and grabbed whenever they need it. And they don't have to worry about the routing. Otherwise they would have to set up several different toolings for the different routings. that equals more cost.

Nah, it actually depends on the guitar. Some are routed HSS, some are swimming pools, some are HSH, and there are supposedly some that are routed SSS.

Although that is probably true for the different models.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Sep 25, 2009,