When I play with it through my amp at a quiet volume, like when practicing at home, it works and sounds fine. But when I use it at a band practice it gives a lot more echo than it should and makes a loud clicking sound... Anyone know what this might be or how I can fix it? Thanks
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You didn't have your phone nearby by any chance? In regard to the echo, you haven't tried just turning the settings down or getting rid of any reverb on your amp?

Yeah my phone was in my pocket but why would that have an effect

The settings I had was Level 5, Feedback was 6 but I turned it down to about 2.5 and it still gave the same noise, and delay time was about 6.5. I was using the long delay setting but I changed to medium which seemed to help a bit.
if you are getting a loud click when u change between s,m&l delay times thats normal btw
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by ChiliFan01
if you are getting a loud click when u change between s,m&l delay times thats normal btw

Nah I seem to be getting a clicking sound, almost like the sound of the pick hitting the string, when I play stuff and it makes the delay sound very muddy. At low volumes it's fine but when loud it's almost unusable.
With my DD-3, the longer the delay time I had, the more it would 'pop'.

It doesn't work anymore.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by ChucklesMginty

I can't believe you don't know this, the signals from mobile phones interrupt any kind of speaker. That clicking sound you're hearing may be the binary signals, it's a long shot but try turning your phone off.

... sorry for not knowing that but it's never happened before. It only happens with the delay effect on. Are you suggesting that the signals from the phone are affecting one particular pedal?
Ok guys I've tried messing around with the settings and nothing seems to help. Any time I turn up the guitar and turn on the DD-3 it gives me an awful echo/feedback noise. Anything else I can do? I think what it's doing is it's picking up the noise from my pick and delaying it

Have I got the delay in the right place? It's in the effects loop, between the EQ and the Noise Supressor. Thanks
Last edited by Random3 at Sep 26, 2009,
Is it plugged in or battery? Maybe your battery is low or the power supply isn't the right specs.

Oh, and try placing the delay pedal in you your chain directly before the amp, after the other pedals. If it still has the same symptoms, then it is something with your pedal. If it works better it could be that your effects loop is malfunctioning or maybe incapable of supporting that pedal.
Last edited by Chetbango at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by Random3
Nah it's power supply. I use the same supply for all 5 pedals and they're all the same specs.

I just tried going loop -> EQ -> NS -> Delay, and it didn't make a difference. Was that what you meant?

Take it out of the loop completely, put it between your guitar and amp and see if it has the same symptoms.
Try it by itself, guitar->delay->amp. See if it is better. Hard to diagnose without actually hearing it, but it could just be it repeating whatever is coming into it, mess with the settings a bunch.
Ok I just tried Amp -> Delay -> Guitar and it did the same thing. When I mute a string completely and pick, it picks up the sound of the pick striking the string and delays it, which is what makes the clicking sound.

The settings I have it on are Level 10:00, Feedback 11:00, D. Time 2:00 and Medium delay mode.

What exactly is the Direct Out function, and could it help?
Last edited by Random3 at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by Random3
Ok I just tried Amp -> Delay -> Guitar and it did the same thing. When I mute a string completely and pick, it picks up the sound of the pick striking the string and delays it, which is what makes the clicking sound.

The settings I have it on are Level 10:00, Feedback 11:00, D. Time 2:00 and Medium delay mode.

What exactly is the Direct Out function, and could it help?

I am pretty sure what you are describing is what a delay does, it does not know the difference between sounds you intend to make with your guitar and incidental sounds. Not sure though, but it sounds like it may be working normally and just repeating the signal it is given.

Direct out is the guitar signal with no effect added.