Is there anybody thats keeping shred alive? I like Jeff Loomis' and John Petrucci's solo albums, and i was wondering if there was anybody else doing stuff like this. Preferably new, i know about Vai and Satch and all that.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Buckethead like has enough albums to last 10 weeks listening time.
George Bellas, MAB, Joe Stump, Impellitteri, Rusty Cooley. Loads of people.
Quote by Dimefan69
Is there anybody thats keeping shred alive? I like Jeff Loomis' and John Petrucci's solo albums, and i was wondering if there was anybody else doing stuff like this. Preferably new, i know about Vai and Satch and all that.

Rusty Cooley/Outworld and Michael Romeo/Symphony X too.

Michael Romeo is a god!
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Buckethead? He plays shows quite a bit. And his number of albums is quite abundant.
edit: Damn someone said it already.
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
Last edited by buddyboombotz at Sep 25, 2009,
Billie Joe Armstrong is an amazing shredder right? Oh yeah shredding guitar...I thought you meant shredding people's ears with horrible music.....oh...well...in that case, check out Rusty Cooley, MAB, Emil Werstler, Buckethead, etc...
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Has he ever toured in the UK? I pretty sure he did once like 15 years ago..

I don't know. I looked at his upcoming shows and he has one either today or maybe it was yesterday. But he has them very often in the states. Sucks for every other country.
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Has he ever toured in the UK? I pretty sure he did once like 15 years ago..

Do you guys have KFC's in the UK?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
We do, weirdly I think he stopped as soon as they came over.

Hmmm....
Maybe you on to something here?
whats the craic with the bucket anyway? is he sponsored by KFC or something? lolol could imagine John Petrucci wandering out a gig dressed up as a big Coca-cola can or something hehe that shouldn't even be funny.
Quote by chuckmehh
Billie Joe Armstrong is an amazing shredder right? Oh yeah shredding guitar...I thought you meant shredding people's ears with horrible music.....oh...well...in that case, check out Rusty Cooley, MAB, Emil Werstler, Buckethead, etc...

was that nessacary? and i didnt think daath was that technical.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
uhm new shred as in people still doing that GUITAR=PENIS=CHEESY LAME MUZaK? Then I'm sure pretty much all of the above names work out alright ('cept Buckethead).

uhm otherwise, how about this cat Andreas Oberg. Oh yes yes, he forgoes the distortion and the 3 note per string runs, but he's quite alright now.

and even though I don't hear much said about him - after listening to some of Richie Kotzen's hard rock albums, I'm just so glad that he's really one of the few guys I hear who's putting out honest no bull**** rock n' roll albums. And his guitar playing on an album like "Return of the Mothers Head Family Reunion" really is a benchmark for modern rock guitar.
Paul Waggoner, baby.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]