I might be able to get one fairly cheap, does anyone have any experience of the FJA mod? I've looked up some reviews and they're pretty damn positive.

I play metal pretty much exclusively, and currently use the gear in my sig. I am pretty much happy with the tone I get, but a 5150 would be considerably better I'm guessing. What kind of price would be good for a used modded 5150 (in pounds please!)? And which pedals would I no longer need? Cheers.
I love the sound of FJA mods. what he does with JCM800's is fantastic. Heard one of his 6505's (same amp as the 5150) once before and it sounded pretty brutal. Should work much nicer than your valveking.

All those pedals would still be pretty useful, maybe not the noise suppressor. Anyway, great amp, remember, it's always helpful to try before you buy.

Sorry, i have no idea what it would set you back in the UK, I've found everything is terribly expensive over there.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
i have no clue on the price for you man, but every effect you have there is still very usable on the 5150. With mine, I feel the only thing it needs is an EQ and Noise reduction (which I run through my effects loop) so you should be set.

a stock 5150 would do fine for what you want, I promise. If you feel like shelling out extra for the FJA mod, I'm sure it is better, but if it's considerably more expensive you can feel comfortable getting an un modded one.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Nice...well bid as much as you are willing to spend and wait...I wouldn't go higher than $600 USD..whatever that translates to in the UK...like 350 or so? I don't really know the conversion
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
FJA mods sounds amazing!

i would go for it
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
If you're at playing lower volumes, stock 5150 sounds better.

At higher volumes, FJA all the way!
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera