Im trying to swap out my pups in my agile and I'm having a hard time getting the pickups onto the cream pickup rings. I cant get the spring to stay on while im trying to get the screw into the hole of the pickup and its really starting to piss me off. Any cool little tricks in doing this?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Not really any trick that I know of. It can be annoying but usuually only takes a couple of minutes.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
I've been at it for like thirty minutes. Maybe the springs are too big or something, but I cant get it on at all
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
insert the screw through the pickup ring, then put the spring on the screw. after that, just like you would use a syringe, put your middle and index finger on the spring and your thumb on the head of the screw and compress the spring. and rotate the pickup ring and the pickup in opposite directions, just enough to start the thread, and there is one side. the other side should be real easy to put in...hope i helped.
i've used wire cutters and cut maybe a couple 16ths of an inch off of the spring. not much, but it'll make it easier to get it one. i've always had trouble with pickup rings haha i think i just get really frustrated and i usually have to take a break and come back to it later. it's one of those things that shouldn't be nearly as difficult as it is.

stewmac has a little device that's supposed to make it a lot easier. i just recently got wooden pickup rings for my gibson, so i'm going to use stewmacs tool for the rings so i don't risk breaking them.

EDIT: called a "humbucker helper"

Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip