hi UG,

im looking to get a distortion pedal, i was leaning toward the boss bd 2 (blues driver) until i started to look at the ehx big muff pi.

now i was doing some research and notice alot of people use both pedals, im assuming its because one's a driver but that got me thinking. if i buy one of these pedals will it sound good on its own?

if i get the bd 2 will it be able to provide me with enough distortion?

(right now i only have one pedal, a boss mt 2, it was a gift and i dont play metal very much so i know nothing about effects pedals)
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Last edited by bellamy_morello at Sep 25, 2009,
The bd-2 has plenty of gain, although it sounds more like a fuzz pedal if you crank the gain (idk if thats what you want though).

EDIT: Its an OD more than it is a distortion just to let you know
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Last edited by ~Shred Hero~ at Sep 25, 2009,
it all depends if you're looking for heavy crunchy distortion then go with the boss md2 or ds1. if you olay metal then you should seriously look into something like the boss metalcore ml2.
ya id like a bit of fuzz distortion, i noticed in your sig that you have a bd 2, would you recomend it? or are there better pedals out there?
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by bellamy_morello
ya id like a bit of fuzz distortion, i noticed in your sig that you have a bd 2, would you recomend it? or are there better pedals out there?

If your looking for a distortion pedal this isnt for you, but if your looking for a bluesy, rockish tone then I would say its great for the price
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
If your looking for a distortion pedal this isnt for you, but if your looking for a bluesy, rockish tone then I would say its great for the price

i am looking for an old school bluesy tone, so i guess i should go with the blues driver over the big muff, thanks
Well what amp do you have?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
The Boss DS-1 is the gold standard for beginning distortion pedals. you can get a wide range of distortion sounds, and it's pretty cheap.
Quote by yoduh4077
The Boss DS-1 is the gold standard for beginning distortion pedals. you can get a wide range of distortion sounds, and it's pretty cheap.

I gave mine to a friend it was that BAD.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
im ashamed to say it but i have a spider III, i know you'll tell me to forget the pedal and get a new amp but im saving up for an acoustic guitar right now and im going to trade in my metalzone pedal for the bd 2
Quote by yoduh4077

+1, I traded a $50 delay pedal for it. Seriously. Whoever said it was bad probably doesn't know how to work it/EQ their amp.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster