I was listening to punk rock jock by operation ivy and i was wondering if anyone had a punk rock jock story

i have one our star football player sophmore year was one. he had a mohawk and a leather jacket wit blink 182 greenday and offspring patches all over it. he was onof the richest kids and him ad his jock buddies would kick kids asses and get drunk and get in fights
That song's not by Operation Ivy. It's by Assorted Jelly Beans (I think)

Blame Limewire/KaZaa
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah most of my schools football teem was quite into pop punk some of them even started a band.

I used to think think they were kinda cool cuz being a small town the school wasn't such a segregate click, but after going to one the rehearsals and seeing um sing a few FOB covers like they were about to start crying i told em politely that I didn't like Justin Timberlake and left.

lol i was a bit of an elitist back then mybe i'll give em a try next time they have a gig.
I always listened to sham 69 to get pumped before wrestling practice in seventh grade.... does that count?
I'm pretty sure I was the only guy at my school who was really into punk. Some people complimented my Operation Ivy shirt once, but they were ska kids, and I hate ska kids.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I'm pretty sure I was the only guy at my school who was really into punk. Some people complimented my Operation Ivy shirt once, but they were ska kids, and I hate ska kids.

I was a ska kid. Then people started being ska kids.
Now ska kids are really annoying and really preppy.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
The bassist in my old band was on the wrestling team and the football team and hung out with all the jocks. But he was into '77 punk and was a really nice kid so it was all cool.

He fucking sucked at bass though.

I'd like to think I'm a good guitarist haha, i never really play the punk stuff any more, but its always still fun to listen to, I'd be in a punk band if someone asked, but eh, I don't take any of it seriously

but Misfits' Attitude was my song for like all of seventh grade hahaha
Quote by eberg2
I'd like to think I'm a good guitarist haha, i never really play the punk stuff any more, but its always still fun to listen to, I'd be in a punk band if someone asked, but eh, I don't take any of it seriously

but Misfits' Attitude was my song for like all of seventh grade hahaha

I fail to see what this has to do with the post you quoted.
Quote by werty22
I fail to see what this has to do with the post you quoted.

look at my first post in the thread, I also wrestled and was into 77 punk at the time
i thought assorted jelly beans was just the album but i dont really know limewire lies alot
and to the kid that said he was into 77 punk i dont consider you a punk rock jock in the song it says they hate the music and hate the scene

(P.S. Using a Computer without a mouse sucks)
Last night at the show, this old guy was dancing and having a good time, but further away from the mosh pit (which was a ****ing crazy one full of jock retard metalheads). Anyways there was this super drunk soccer hooligan guy there and he was running around punching people and ****. He throws this 50+ y/o professor type dude (the show was at the University) into the stupid mosh pit. I grabbed the kid by the shoulder and told him punk rock isn't a ****ing football game and that's a ****ed up mentality to have (all in drunk Italian though). He tried to fight me and a buncha anarchists kinda dragged him away to talk to him cos he was being so belligerent.

There's nothing I hate more than seeing people at punk shows be ****ing jocks and trying to hurt people. I used to be scared to call them out on it, but the more I've traveled around, the less I give a **** about offending some asshole who's probably gonna stop going to shows 4 months anyway.

**** jocks, they should all just stay in high school.

And by the way when I say that, I'm not talking about people who play sports. I'm talking about people who have the stereotypical mentality of a jock asshole (or super chauvinist or whatever).
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern
Last night at the show, this old guy was dancing and having a good time, but further away from the mosh pit (which was a ****ing crazy one full of jock retard metalheads). Anyways there was this super drunk soccer hooligan guy there and he was running around punching people and ****. He throws this 50+ y/o professor type dude (the show was at the University) into the stupid mosh pit. I grabbed the kid by the shoulder and told him punk rock isn't a ****ing football game and that's a ****ed up mentality to have (all in drunk Italian though). He tried to fight me and a buncha anarchists kinda dragged him away to talk to him cos he was being so belligerent.

whyd you grab the kid i would have gone after the old guy first i mean **** he shouldnt be in a mosh pit if hes 50
Quote by Marilynmnsn
whyd you grab the kid i would have gone after the old guy first i mean **** he shouldnt be in a mosh pit if hes 50

all ages means all ages asshole. Who the **** are you to tell someone that they can't enjoy punk rock? Shows should be a space where everyone is comfortable in their own space. It's impossible for people to for people to feel comfortable when they have some asshole trying to beat the **** out of them.
Quote by Marilynmnsn

what does it matter? thats not even really that old, figure he would have been a teenager during the seventies, in high school in the late seventies when a lot of punk started coming out, then college during the 80s when (i'm going to guess this was some type of hardcore punk or something like black flag or gbh or something) but the dude would have been into when that stuff was coming out......... so what if hes old, good that means hes cool and probably not a dick
Quote by eberg2
what does it matter? thats not even really that old, figure he would have been a teenager during the seventies, in high school in the late seventies when a lot of punk started coming out, then college during the 80s when (i'm going to guess this was some type of hardcore punk or something like black flag or gbh or something) but the dude would have been into when that stuff was coming out......... so what if hes old, good that means hes cool and probably not a dick

Airtight logic.

This is such a dumb thread.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I can't wait til I'm the 50+ y/o professor type dude at punk shows. It'll be sweet.

pfft i'll get my kid to throw you into moshpits
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
a friend of mine played football in high school and might have been considered a jock type of kid back then, but he's a really cool guy. he listens to a lot of good punk bands (the ones i like at least) we get all ****ed up together when he has off from work and listen to op ivy on his back porch and watch gigantic ass moths fly into his bug zapper.
Quote by whyvern
all ages means all ages asshole. Who the **** are you to tell someone that they can't enjoy punk rock? Shows should be a space where everyone is comfortable in their own space. It's impossible for people to for people to feel comfortable when they have some asshole trying to beat the **** out of them.

I think maybe he meant that you should have gone and helped the old dude before grabbing the kid?

At least I hope that's what he meant.
Quote by RockThe40oz
I think maybe he meant that you should have gone and helped the old dude before grabbing the kid?

At least I hope that's what he meant.

I did, I made sure he was ok and told him I was sorry that the kid did that to him.
I'll be moshing in my wheelchair
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I'll be moshing in my wheelchair

it worked in that NOFX video.
Quote by Marilynmnsn
i thought assorted jelly beans was just the album but i dont really know limewire lies alot
and to the kid that said he was into 77 punk i dont consider you a punk rock jock in the song it says they hate the music and hate the scene

(P.S. Using a Computer without a mouse sucks)

operation ivy's only full album was energy. assorted jelly beans is a band that the singer is so far away from operation ivy's voice, i have no idea how you mixed them up. Lookup assorted jelly bean's self titled album, it's off of that. Didn't you notice the production was so much better on that track than any other operation ivy song?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Last edited by l3p4rd at Oct 3, 2009,