Alright, so... My recent guitar (A Jay Turser, I dunno the name) is really old and constantly keeps breaking internally. I figured, "Why waste money trying to fix it when you can buy a new one?"

So here I am, looking around on/in GC for a decent guitar. I figured a Telecaster would be nice, but I'm in the mood for something a bit sweeter.

Any suggestions?
with guitars u definately get what u pay for. $500 is definately the changing point in quality. anything less and it will not only feel like ****, but play like **** and fall apart fairly quick. However if u r just a kid with no budget, fix what u got
You really can't get a good guitar that cheap. Go used and you can get something pretty good for 300 beans.
What sorta music do you play?

If you want a Tele, these are kickass guitars http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-Tele-Custom-Electric-Guitar-102452646-i1148532.gc
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Last edited by Tokai09 at Sep 25, 2009,
A Telecaster but Sweeter and cheap? I have your answer (Although not as cheap as you'd like, It is still a fantastic choice and not too much more expensive) Behold the Telecaster Thinline!

This is the version that Squier makes. (Also comes in black) It has great tone, I found my Thinline after hours of playing Telecasters looking for a specific tone. I played a lot of Telecasters in the $100-$300 range before I finally settled on this one, Most Telecaster guitars don't even appeal to me for their sound but when it comes to the Thinline models there is something special about them when it comes to tone.

Playing wise out of the box, I don't know about the set up but the neck is very good. I'd recommend replacing a few things though, You don't need to replace them right away but if you replace the stock tuners, bridge and maybe even the pickups with better ones it will make a big difference.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Telecaster-Thinline-SemiHollow-Electric-Guitar?sku=514048
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
A Telecaster but Sweeter and cheap? I have your answer (Although not as cheap as you'd like, It is still a fantastic choice and not too much more expensive) Behold the Telecaster Thinline!

This is the version that Squier makes. (Also comes in black) It has great tone, I found my Thinline after hours of playing Telecasters looking for a specific tone. I played a lot of Telecasters in the $100-$300 range before I finally settled on this one, Most Telecaster guitars don't even appeal to me for their sound but when it comes to the Thinline models there is something special about them when it comes to tone.

Playing wise out of the box, I don't know about the set up but the neck is very good. I'd recommend replacing a few things though, You don't need to replace them right away but if you replace the stock tuners, bridge and maybe even the pickups with better ones it will make a big difference.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Telecaster-Thinline-SemiHollow-Electric-Guitar?sku=514048

+1

Good choice!
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!