I have a squier amp. The distortion on my amp isnt cutting it. My budget is low but I would love to hear any suggestion.I like to play metal and blues. Thank you for your time.
A squier amp? Is it the one that came with the Squier Strat Pack? The Squier Champ 15?

If it is, I HIGHLY recommend you buy a new amp before buying a new pedal. A distortion pedal will MOST LIKELY sound terrible going through that amp.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
You're gonna want a new amp, not a pedal. In this case, a pedal would be a bandaid solution to a bigger problem.

I recommend a Peavey Vypyr 15, or if your budget extends to $200, the Vypyr 30 would be a better choice.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I have a champ 15, not the strat pack, I have a different guitar. Thanks for the suggestions still open to any more. I think for now ill get a pedal but for sure, I want to upgrade my amp.
Quote by Eric95
I have a champ 15, not the strat pack, I have a different guitar. Thanks for the suggestions still open to any more. I think for now ill get a pedal but for sure, I want to upgrade my amp.

Dude..for the same price of a distortion pedal you can buy a new amp which already has good built-in distortion!

It's like putting a Ferrari engine in a Datsun car!
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
one of my friends was GIVEN a blues driver from another friend and gave it back because he claimed he couldn't hear a difference between the pedal and the built in crap gain on the frontman 15...

definitely invest in a good amp. You will thank yourself later. I made the mistake of starting off with a spider III, and like you I immediately went out and bought a boss pedal. Literally one day a few months later the sheer crapiness of my tone smacked me in the face and I'm a tube amp user for life now. But go ahead and look at some of the nicer solid states out there, the peavey vypyr is a good solid state amp, you may want to look at the vox valvetronix series or roland cubes as well. Above all a pedal will set you back around $100 which can go a long way towards an amp. There are also tons of great low wattage tube amps out there for under $300 like the vox ac4, epi valve jr, or bugera v5. It all depends on what you play.

when you do look for pedals, I would personally avoid getting a boss ds-1 unless its modded. Look into some of the Hardwire pedals and I've heard great things about the Fulltone OCD but have yet to play one. I own a boss os-2 overdrive/dist pedal and I really dont like it. You also should consider do want an overdriven sound or a full on distortion sound? A boss bd-2 or an ibanez tubescreamer are great overdrive pedals for the money, I love my bd-2.

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Last edited by REV3LATI0N at Sep 25, 2009,
hmmmm, now you guys are pushing me to buy an amp. Man, I really think I can buy an amp at $100 but I dont know any good amps if any at that price range.
Quote by Eric95
hmmmm, now you guys are pushing me to buy an amp. Man, I really think I can buy an amp at $100 but I dont know any good amps if any at that price range.

The only amp at that price I would recommend is a peavey vypyr 15. It sounds much better than a spider and has a ton of effects on it to mess with. It is a bit daunting to figure out the knobs at first but you can get some decent tones out of it. I set my friend up with that as a beginner amp and hes pretty happy with it. At $150 you can get a bugera v5 tube amp which is also nice especially for cleaner stuff and blues, but im not sure what exactly you want to play.

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Last edited by REV3LATI0N at Sep 25, 2009,
If $100 is your max budget, you can't go wrong with the Vypyr 15. IMO the Vypyr 15 should be the amp the everyone should start with if they looking to buy entry level gear.
Quote by Eric95
thanx Ill look into those amps, and should I buy a vibrato

JUst use your fingers to vibrato..
Ok, thanks, sounds good. Whens the next holiday so I can get a sale maybe hahaha maybe I can purchase other things to like new strings
Yom Kippur is on Monday if you're Jewish.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by marc0mu
JUst use your fingers to vibrato..

Im pretty sure he meant the effect...

But yeah, like everyone else said, just go for a new amp. I had the same one when I started and nothing could save it :shurg:
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by ethan_hanus
If you cant afford to buy a new amp, I would just get a Boss Ds-1, there cheap and sound decent. Hell, it was my first pedal for my frontman 15G. I still use that pedal to this day.

What he said. Put 40$ down for a good (but not quite ideal) improvement in tone. And when you do get a better amp, the DS-1 will sound great through it
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Get a Peavey Vypyr 15 amp. Good for beginners, tons of features and it sounds pretty nice compared to other beginner amps.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz