I recently recorded a song called ''Louder than Words'' check it out on my myspace: myspace.com/dustinclloyd.
I also recorded a song for the troops on there called ''Price of Freedom''

Leave comments, feedback, I know the songs aren't perfect, just give me tips!
''In the depths of a mind insane,
fantasy and reality are the same!''- Slayer, Dead Skin Mask
There alright, simple, but nice rythem guitar going on there. But you lead is not all that great, its off is some places, and the tone is kinda rough, both songs sound like you keep it on the same string, I would switch it up a bit. I would add some drums and bass in there just give it some depth. Its not bad, just little mistakes here and there.

I have the same problem with getting a good lead tone, its usually the guitar, cheap guitars like mine just arent designed to produce good sounding lead.
yeah, I'm working on the lead work, I've never taken lessons, that's probably a major problem I'm sure haha. I did have a hard time finding the tone, and I more or less settled for that, I'm ashamed to say. I don't like settling for something. The guitar is cheap($30 when brand new). I would love to add some drums, but a drummer is so hard to find in this area. Bass..I had some trouble with the mixing with it, but I'll give it another shot, I agree it would add much needed depth. thanks for the feedback!
''In the depths of a mind insane,
fantasy and reality are the same!''- Slayer, Dead Skin Mask