I'm confused on two aspects of building this nice fuzz pedal.

Firstly, I just basically joined the stupidly wonderful tone control and jack ormans fuzz face schematic. Does it look like I did that join correctly?

Secondly, I'm still confused about this whole negative ground issue with PNP germanium transistors. I'm assuming that my schematic is correct as I always see the positive side of the battery leading to ground. But why is this done and how the heck can I power this without a battery... or am I out of luck on that aspect?

Also, I'll probably be making a step by step photo essay of me building this thing
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
1 - Your resistor values can't possibly be correct. 10 ohms and 47 are far too small.

2 - Positive ground is necessary because of the polarity of the transistors.
The Base of a PNP must be more negative than the Emitter for it to conduct.
The Collector of a PNP must be more negative than the Emitter (and there must be Base current)for it to conduct. If you want negative ground, use NPNs.

3 - Use an AC adapter that can be used with positive ground.

4 - Use the Pedal Building Thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thats the point where the two connect. Before I added the stupidly wonderful tone section (from the .01 uf cap to the output) there was a 500k resistor and on the SWT, jack recommended that I use 10 and 47 as starting points. What should I put instead?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel