It's times like these I'm really glad I've never ventured into 4chan.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by daytripper75
Wow.

That's really impressive.

It really is!
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I wonder what would happen if they try to do that right after you've had an acid trip....
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
i dont like this... what if it gets in the wrong peoples hands... we are screwed
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
i'd like to use this on blind person
and if it can actually read dreams in the future then the dreams of a blind person who is blind from birth

EDIT:
or people who claim to have been abducted by aliens
That's amazing, they can use this to prove if a person is innocent or not in a crime.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by Karvid
It's times like these I'm really glad I've never ventured into 4chan.

lmao
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
This really does open an absolutely new field of medicine. Hmm...time to get it while it's warm.

It feels almost surreal to live in a time where we can read people's thoughts...

...Criss Angel did it first.
The will never get my memories!
MY gear

Carvin DC 200
Crate GLX 200h
Monster Cable Rock
Dunlop Stubbys 3.0
MIsfits Skullbusters strings
You guys don't understand this at all.

They didn't actually see those pictures or "pluck" pictures from a person's brain; all they did was monitor certain brain impulses that were associated with certain shapes being seen by the subject and then match those shapes with shapes formed in other pictures in a database of about six million pictures.

It's impressive but it is in no way mind-reading technology like we see in science fiction. Unless a) someone sits and looks at something while you have them hooked up to a nuero-scanner and b) you have a database of possible pictures for the program to choose from then this stuff doesn't work.

It's still impressive but not as amazing as the title makes it seem to be.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
thats ****ing awesome!! although...i dont think that my mind would really be a safe place to visit lol. Some of the **** i've seen.... *shudder*
Quote by Portuguese_boy
That's amazing, they can use this to prove if a person is innocent or not in a crime.

your right, but Uncle Sam would never allow it as evidence, just like you can't use a lie detector as evidence.
Quote by dudetheman
You guys don't understand this at all.

They didn't actually see those pictures or "pluck" pictures from a person's brain; all they did was monitor certain brain impulses that were associated with certain shapes being seen by the subject and then match those shapes with shapes formed in other pictures in a database of about six million pictures.

It's impressive but it is in no way mind-reading technology like we see in science fiction. Unless a) someone sits and looks at something while you have them hooked up to a nuero-scanner and b) you have a database of possible pictures for the program to choose from then this stuff doesn't work.

It's still impressive but not as amazing as the title makes it seem to be.

Dammit, didn't read it all..
He mentioned medical communication devices as a possible application, and computer programs for which visual thinking makes sense -- CAD-CAM or Photoshop, straight from the brain. Such applications are decades away...

Really cool but like he said, decades away..
Quote by MLilienthal
i'd like to use this on blind person

Holy hell...

...if we advance this technology and are ever actually able to create pictures using scans of brain waves then imagine using the technology BACKWARDS!

A blind person attaches a small, discrete camera to their head that transmits the "view" of the person's surroundings to a mini-computer that translates it into brainwave functions and then sends those neurological impulses directly to the brain....

Jesus Fucking Christ. I just blew my own mind.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by -Van Halen-
your right, but Uncle Sam would never allow it as evidence, just like you can't use a lie detector as evidence.

Lie detectors are bad evidence. There was a Russian spy absolutely living it up in the CIA for years being tested constantly by the lie detectors as a test subject and passed every time.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

That is the most badass thing I have ever seen ever.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Oh boy the conspiracy nuts are going to be going ****s n' giggles on us
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.

It's a brand new day for Oscar, and boy is he thrilled. Ever since his meek childhood, it's been his dream to open new windows and discover bright new vistas in the name of science. After a quick brisk shower, scarfing down his burnt rations, and giving the obligatory scratch-behind-the ears to his trusty feline roommate he jolts out the steps of his flat (nearly tackling his neighbor Olga and she washes her vegetables in a tub. We won't discuss Olga much because Oscar cannot decipher her angry Latvian gibberish and isn't fond of her stealing his cat).

Nearing the threshold to the University, Oscar takes a deep breath and thinks about his life.

Oscar: Gee wilickers... this is it! Today is the day the world will see with their own eyes my fascination with Palladian -vs- Roman architecture, the dog of my dreams, plaid, grapes and most importantly... mushrooms *swoons*
Student One: For humanity!
Student Two: For progress!
All (simultaneously) : For science!

Yes, for science indeed. For centuries, mankind has been plagued with the dreaded question of their colleagues or spouses, "What's on your mind?" or "What the hell were you thinking?!" The day has arrived: where one no longer needs to think and speak but instead hook an electrode to the temple, make a deep squinty gesture...

...and voila! Just give your hand-dandy portable print-o-matic device a few seconds to print your image, hand it to the intrusive interrogator and waltz on with your fantastic day. You tart sass-machine you...

Oscar's brain was soon mingling with the radiation of the scan which sometime down the road sparked a tumorous growth near occipital region. The world soon discovered Oscar was a fun guy (for fantasizing about fungi *nudge nudge*) and word spread faster than H1N1 hanging on the shorts of Usain Bolt. CNN was moved to tears and dedicated a small article in his honor. Families gathered 'round the screen as fathers would pat their son's on the head preaching...

Father: Yes son... one day you too could think about dogs and grapes. You might just even salivate your ideas over a guitar forum if you so desired - to confirm your allegiance to such a feat accomplished by mankind.
Son: Golly pop! Y'really mean it?
Father: No you foppish git! Now get off my back!

We here at UG would like to congratulate Oscar and his lackluster imagination:

To Oscar! To mushrooms! To science! Huzzah!!
Quote by Zaphikh
*Huge post*

wat.

*ahem* Anyways.
That sounds cool, but taking a look on the other side, that could seriously invade someone's privacy, were the appropriate technologies developed and put into use. (I'm talking about their "mind-reading" technology that they mention a lot.)
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Some of you guys are absolute morons.

What's occupying your grey matter? Show us: in pictures.