so i borrowed my friends line 6 pod 2.0 and tried to use it with my amp...utter fail, i dont know if its because my guitar is messed up, but the results were horrible

i tried this first

guitar>pod>amp and unless i was in the clean channel, i only got feedback, the thing colored my tone completley, almost as if i was playing through a PA, and when i selected the tube preamp mode it only sounded worse, when i conected t through the FX loop it only got worse, any body know why,
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
i think u have to turn off cab simulation, and turning the volume down couldnt hurt (like to halfway, like on a pedal). its a very digital effect, so unless the amp is on clean, its going to sound like mush, especially if u have drive going on the pod. that goes for any pedal, it sounds completely different when the amp is clean, or driven. it just so happens the pod maybe doesnt like overlaying a dirty sound?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
what they said and maybe turn the gain down on your amp....I'm assuming you are talking about your 333x?

I ran my RP250 into my Valveking once which I recorded - but the gain was on like 4.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 26, 2009,
why are people so effing dumb? like im sorry but come on........ if you are running a multi fx into your amp you HAVE to use it on the clean channel. thats like a given dude
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
That and you should be using your guitar into the amp, and an out to the line 6 and then running it back into the amp with an in.

Otherwise your guitar tone is getting based off the amp modelling, which is being shoved through your amp in a ****fest of meshed tones.

If you do it the other way the sound from your guitar amp goes into the effects, making it a lot nicer when it comes out the speakers. And it won't be tinny, feedbackish, etc.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
what they said and maybe turn the gain down on your amp....I'm assuming you are talking about your 333x?

I ran my RP250 into my Valveking once which I recorded - but the gain was on like 4.

in the rp500-1000, can u turn off the distortion and just use the pedal in fron of the amp?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
bumpo
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Not entirely sure. I can't see why not. Have you downloaded the user manual and XEdit?

i dont own the rp, im considering buying it
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Turn off cab modelling, if you're gonna use the Pod's amp modelling then run it into the FX return, bypassing the amp's preamp.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2