So, in the need for versatility and being on a budget, I have decided the best route for me to go with my rig is to go with a Multi Effect floorboard, as I have been using some in the studio and have been very impressed.

My choices have been narrowed to the:
1) Boss GT-10
2)Vox Tonelab LE
3)Digitech GNX 4 (or I hear there is a new one that will be released very soon)
4)Zoom G9.2tt

You may notice that Line 6's floorboards are not on the list, it's just my personal opinion that they are good for metal, but not much else, and I need more than what they can give me.

Any opinions on the units I listed would be greatly appreciated. Things I am looking for are overall quality of tone, recording quality, durability/reliability, and versatility. I'm not too worried on the ease of use, because I'm completely willing to spend more time tweaking patches if the end result is superior to the rest. Also, downloadable patches would be nice too, which I believe most of these have.

I think I am leaning towards the Boss as of now. It's the most expensive of the units listed, but from what I was told by the guitar tech at the store, it's worth the extra money (Plus Opeth uses 'em, and that's a plus for me).

Thanks in advance.
Jonesy
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
I'd go for the Vox, but that's just me. And Bosses are overrated and not worth the money IMO.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Are you gonna use it for direct recording, like do you need amp models? Or do you only want effects?
Quote by Sguit
Are you gonna use it for direct recording, like do you need amp models? Or do you only want effects?

Actually, going to be using it for everything, mainly for the simple facts of versatility and consistency of sound/tone from venue to venue.

I will be recording, and gigging with which ever unit I purchase. I will be needing a big palette of tones to work with, and as I said, on a budget. This seems like the best option, so I am going with a floorboard unit.

EDIT:
In doing research of my own, here's a couple things I have noticed.

BOSS: I like the Rotary knobs and the interface style. Seems easy and very effective. I like. Plus the screens quality is readable in light or dark. Big plus. Also, the switches are bigger would be easier to switch between in live use.

ZOOM: Interest growing in this unit. Seems like it's specs are up to par with the rest, even though it's probably the least popular. Would really like any opinions on this model. Claims to have the fastest switching from patch to patch, a must for live use.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at Sep 25, 2009,
Screw the GT-10.

Look for a used Boss GT-6, much better and dirt cheap used
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i use a Vox Tonelab LE, which i believe is a great unit.

it has a tube in it (not exactly sure how much difference it makes), but that may put it above some of the other units.

it has all the features of the boss plus all the sounds of the valvetronix model amps (which are considered high quality modelling amps on UG).

the only downside is it does metal yes, but could do it better in my opinion.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

i would say, in my opinion, go for boss or digitech...
the zoom, i find, just doesnt make sense as far as ease of use goes. its a hassle to switch between channels or parameters...not the best set up. that and the channels arent the greatest quality

digitech takes some getting used to, but is very practical

boss is a great multi fx...

some people may disagree with me...as said at the beginning, just my oppinion
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
the zoom has a tube as well.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
For some of you VOX users, does the Tonelab have downloadable patches like the Boss?
Quote by Zeppelin71
I doubt any newer version of the GNX4 is in the making. The GNX4 is the only choice if you want an 8 tracker recorder/looper, MP3 player, and MIDI drum machine. The Line 6 X3 is good for more than metal. It's just especially good for metal, but bad at harmonizing/pitch shifting. I had a Boss GT-8 and the distortion was fizzy. The Boss is better valued for it's FX.

I had a tabletop Vox and it was nothing special. I can't comment on the floor models. I've never used the Zoom either.