Page 1 of 6
I'm looking for a list of bands that have dramatically changed styles. Protest the Hero used to be like a hardcore punkish band, now they're a post-hardcore/metal band.
Buckethead
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Megadeth.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
rhcp (not dramatically), they were pretty thick funk/rap, now they are more of idk what you'd call it.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Beatles

Led Zepp

Doors
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Porcupine Tree
Marillion
Three

and let's face it, The Beatles.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Yup AFI. They used to be so awesome. Then they hit the radio.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
I'd say Genesis, Beatles, Pink Floyd, most 70s prog rock bands went pop in the 80s, so...those...
Oh and Metallica, Genesis, Yes, A7X, Pink Floyd, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, Behemoth, Tool, Trivium, Symphony X, ect
Green Day, well at least recently anyway. They went from an awesome pop-punk band to a "Pussy Pop" band if you will.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Motorhead
AC/DC
Nickelback
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Joy Division
Wire
Fugazi
Discount
Green Day
Chumbawamba
Jawbreaker

EDIT: Time to make enemies.
Quote by bombsquadjunky
Green Day, well at least recently anyway. They went from an awesome pop-punk band to a "Pussy Pop" band if you will.

I think Green Day's last two albums were great, especially 21st Century Breakdown, which has a much more eclectic array of musical styles. There's nothing wrong with embracing a poppy style, and there's certainly nothing "pussy" about Green Day's music.

Yup AFI. They used to be so awesome. Then they hit the radio.

I don't know what people see in AFI's early music that makes it better than their current music. To me, it's just two different spheres of boring.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by sandyman323
Guns n Roses

that would happen if you change the entire line up into the axl rose band
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by slipknot5678
Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold

Both of those are hardly dramatic

I would say that a comparison of "The Illusion of Safety" era Thrice and "Beggars"/"Water" is pretty shocking, really showing how talented they are.

God I love Thrice
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Brand New

This and RX Bandits are the best examples I can think of.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Dreadnought

I would say that a comparison of "The Illusion of Safety" era Thrice and "Beggars"/"Water" is pretty shocking, really showing how talented they are.
God I love Thrice

They are very diverse and talented. I'd doubt people would still listen to them if they had the same genre as Illusion and Artist in the Ambulance.
It's pretty rad that it's been basically the same line up since those albums, and they can evolve as a band.