I need some suggestions for the middle position in my Alder Jackson. I am replacing the Evolution in the bridge with a Breed. In the neck position is a Sustainiac Single Coil. In the middle position is a cheap stale sounding duncan designed pickup of some kind. I'm looking for something that will complement the other pickups (Breed and Sustainiac) and give a nice warm and fat tone.

I mainly use the Neck/Middle position for cleans and smooth fusion type leads, and the Bridge/Middle position for classic rock type rhythm playing or Mid Gain soloing. Thanks for the help.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Dimarzio Air Norton S
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Hmm, I do like the sound of Air Nortons, but I have heard bad things about putting a humbucker in the middle position. Am I misinformed?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
the air norton s is a single coil sized humbucker. it sounds good. I have one in my Ibanez S470 in the middle and it sounds damn good

I think you are misinformed, but its alright man.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
the air norton s is a single coil sized humbucker. it sounds good. I have one in my Ibanez S470 in the middle and it sounds damn good

I think you are misinformed, but its alright man.

thanks for the info. Sounds like a good choice, it's pretty warm and clear I take it?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
thanks for the info. Sounds like a good choice, it's pretty warm and clear I take it?

yep. warm and clear. It will sound good on its own as well as paired with the breed
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Sounds really good, thanks for the help.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra