i was just searching around on the internet and i stumbled across more revealed details about the Watchmen: Ultimate Cut. The Ultimate Cut is goes for 3.5 hours and has all these special features (aswell as the Motion Comic...hooray). But the main feature of it is that it has Tales of the Black Freighter Woven into it, which is pretty cool. (for those who don't know, Tales of the Black Freighter is a "comic-within-the-comic"). But the thing which is stupid is the cover for it...they decided to just make a stupid cross-over of the symbolic Watchmen smiley and a pirate symbol!!!

here is the link to the details
http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/092309-watchmen-ultimate-cut-dvd-blu-ray.php
PRS Singlecut SE
Crate GX-212

ALL METAL...ALL THE TIME!!!

THey should've kept it as the Smiley but mention that there's a bonus for the Black Freighter thing.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
And you found this worth complaining about?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
That sucks, bro
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Not a great cover, but I'll be getting it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Meh the movie was terrible to begin with IMO, so I don't really care.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by kyle100
Meh the movie was terrible to begin with IMO, so I don't really care.

On what criteria do you rate movies?

Actually, nevermind.
A bit off topic - just a question about this movie.

What's so interesting about this movie? I don't get this movie at all.
I mean, the batman guy looked like a total geek - not fit for fight at all, and his batman suit looked like a joke compared to the real batman.
And what's up with the blonde guy? He looked like a really nerdy looking dude too.
Some ugly ass chick that looked like something taken from a 90-s movie.
The crazy red head guy's mask looked... weird, and not cool at all.

And on top of that, a really boring script with no fight scenes at all like I would've excpected from a movie like this. Superhero movies are only cool because you wanna look at the fight scenes and ****. I mean they can't really bring a message in these movies because it's hard to relate to someone that's glowing blue and explodes in the end.
That's just what I think

Can someone explain why this movie probably has reached "cult status"?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
^ It's not a superhero movie.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Hultan

I mean, the batman guy looked like a total geek - not fit for fight at all, and his batman suit looked like a joke compared to the real batman.
And what's up with the blonde guy? He looked like a really nerdy looking dude too.

And on top of that, a really boring script with no fight scenes at all like I would've excpected from a movie like this. Superhero movies are only cool because you wanna look at the fight scenes and ****. I mean they can't really bring a message in these movies because it's hard to relate to someone that's glowing blue and explodes in the end.
That's just what I think

Because it is based off of the best critically acclaimed graphic novel of all time. The blue guy, Dr. Manhatten's character point is that noone can relate to him, it's kind of what he struggles with. All the characters are supposed to look wierd, they're middle aged. It's basically a moral question at the end, and the movie is an alleghory on the idea of superheroes
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
^ It's not a superhero movie.

^Guys, in funky looking clothes and some of them got super powers.
The only thing that's missing is that they're not saving people, but themselves or something.

But okay, you say it's not a superhero movie. I think it is, but that's not what I care about really. But why does people think it's good?

Quote by tayroar
Because it is based off of the best critically acclaimed graphic novel of all time. The blue guy, Dr. Manhatten's character point is that noone can relate to him, it's kind of what he struggles with. All the characters are supposed to look wierd, they're middle aged. It's basically a moral question at the end, and the movie is an alleghory on the idea of superheroes

Thanks for that answer.
I guess I've to wait a few years or something, because when I recently saw it I thought it was one of the lamest, most boring movie I've ever seen in a very long time.
Maybe I'll "get" it some other day, who knows.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by Nickpocalypse
On what criteria do you rate movies?

Actually, nevermind.

I know you said nvm but I feel like explaining myself anyways.

I may have enjoyed the movie somewhat if I had read the comic or novel or whatever the movie was based off of, but I had never even have heard of it before the release of the movie. About 6 friends and I sat in a basement for about 2 hours with absolutely no idea what the hell was going on, and when my one friend's girlfriend came to watch the rest then hangout, she asked what was happening, to which everyone replied, "we know as much as you do."

It was like watching one of those movies that start with a dramatic scene from the middle of the film, then go back in time to explain what events led up to that moment, only it never went back in time, the movie just continued on without me having any understanding of wtf was going on.

Honestly, from all the people I've talked to about this movie I've learned that you either love it or hate it, of which I'm in the latter category.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Last edited by kyle100 at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by Hultan

Some ugly ass-chick that looked like something taken from a 90-s movie.

fixed

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Hultan
^Guys, in funky looking clothes and some of them got super powers.
The only thing that's missing is that they're not saving people, but themselves or something.

But okay, you say it's not a superhero movie. I think it is, but that's not what I care about really. But why does people think it's good?

Thanks for that answer.
I guess I've to wait a few years or something, because when I recently saw it I thought it was one of the lamest, most boring movie I've ever seen in a very long time.
Maybe I'll "get" it some other day, who knows.

Well, you might want to start by reading the graphic novel. The movie kinda sucked.
read the goddamn comics first...i liked the movie.

but if you seriously went to see this movie for its action, then don't bother....Transformers and GI Joe would be your type of movies
My Spanish Hearts
I'm reading the graphic novel before I watch the movie, so then its easier to understand...And then I can critisize it cuz I red the graphic novel before the movie
Quote by kyle100
I know you said nvm but I feel like explaining myself anyways.

I may have enjoyed the movie somewhat if I had read the comic or novel or whatever the movie was based off of, but I had never even have heard of it before the release of the movie. About 6 friends and I sat in a basement for about 2 hours with absolutely no idea what the hell was going on, and when my one friend's girlfriend came to watch the rest then hangout, she asked what was happening, to which everyone replied, "we know as much as you do."

It was like watching one of those movies that start with a dramatic scene from the middle of the film, then go back in time to explain what events led up to that moment, only it never went back in time, the movie just continued on without me having any understanding of wtf was going on.

Honestly, from all the people I've talked to about this movie I've learned that you either love it or hate it, of which I'm in the latter category.

I'm completely with you on that one, actually. Definately understand what you mean; I did happen to read the graphic novel before I watched the movie, didn't really think too much about what kind of movie it would be, without knowing what I already did.
Sorry for my earlier ignorant post!
Quote by Death11
I'm reading the graphic novel before I watch the movie, so then its easier to understand...And then I can critisize it cuz I red the graphic novel before the movie

Good plan; you'll likely find you won't have much to complain about though (assuming you'll like the graphic novel).
If you can't follow the plot of the movie then you probably aren't that bright.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Hultan

That's just what I think

I'm going to say this is an unsuccessful troll, because if you really WERE this dense you wouldn't even be able to form a sentence.
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
Quote by spoonman_aic
i was just searching around on the internet and i stumbled across more revealed details about the Watchmen: Ultimate Cut. The Ultimate Cut is goes for 3.5 hours and has all these special features (aswell as the Motion Comic...hooray). But the main feature of it is that it has Tales of the Black Freighter Woven into it, which is pretty cool. (for those who don't know, Tales of the Black Freighter is a "comic-within-the-comic"). But the thing which is stupid is the cover for it...they decided to just make a stupid cross-over of the symbolic Watchmen smiley and a pirate symbol!!!

here is the link to the details
http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/092309-watchmen-ultimate-cut-dvd-blu-ray.php

Honestly I struggled to get into the watchmen. It certainly had it's awesome moments - And I think it's a great movie but it's a bit unusual in some ways. I didn't think there was enough establishment at the beginning.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
im usually one of those people who gets a complicated movie and id rather watch a movie with a good plot rather than one with endless action and no plot but watchmen just got me saying what the fuck. it was hard to like any of the characters and the movie was just generally boring.

i was even more pissed off cus i started watching at 2am thinking the movie was gonna be so awesome that it would be worth it :P
Quote by arzhang
im usually one of those people who gets a complicated movie and id rather watch a movie with a good plot rather than one with endless action and no plot but watchmen just got me saying what the fuck. it was hard to like any of the characters and the movie was just generally boring.

the point of Watchmen is to deconstruct the concept of a superhero by pointing out their "human"flaws, and in the end, none can conclude there was an actual hero in it. It portrays heroes as human vigilantes who have been left in self-imposed isolation yada yada yada
PRS Singlecut SE
Crate GX-212

ALL METAL...ALL THE TIME!!!