I search bar'd, and found nothing relevant to my question.

Is it me, or does Windows 7 seem exactly like Vista, only more functional (as in, it actually works).

Now, I haven't personally tried it, but from what I've seen, it just seems like a properly-running version of Vista. Couldn't they have just.... oh.. updated Vista with a service pack???
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
It's probably got more behind the scenes.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Darkflame
you remind me of a joke

what's the difference between windows and a virus?
the virus is free and it works

so what was the joke?
Windows 7 is what Vista was supposed to be...Thats why the only difference is that it works better, like you said...
Supposed to take less RAM to run as well. I'm getting mine for free
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
i use it, some amazing features, you should use it before you post this!
it is basically the same, but a few things, like the taskbar, have changed. The explorer part is pretty much the same.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

WHA!??

less RAM, and you're getting it for....free..

GTFO NAO
GTFO my sig
why does everyone think Vista sucks? I'm just curious
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
w7 is what vista should have been imo.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
When's it coming? I'm totally buying this new OS.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

You bastard! I bought a Vista desktop in late 2007, and a Vista laptop in Summer '08. I want to upgrade them, but if it's going to be pricey, then it's not worth what (from what I've seen) minor upgrades Windows 7 offers.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Care to elaborate?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I don't get the whole "Vista doesn't work", I have never had problems with Vista, the only problem with my computor is my internet signal but that's because our wireless router is 5 years old.
I'm getting 7 for free because I bought my laptop 2 months ago.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by That_Hot_Guy
why does everyone think Vista sucks? I'm just curious

It had bugs when it first came out, some never got over it, others just heard it from someone and assumed every Vista was buggy, others pretend they know what they're doing but don't.
Also, on the topic of Vista: It has worked fine for me. It is noticeably less smooth than I remember XP being, but it can also do more than XP ever could. Plus.... it's prettier!

I don't have much of a problem with Vista, except I do have a HELL of a time getting my printer to work sometimes.

Quote by John Frusciante
Windows 7 is supposed to be super user friendly. Since Mac is so good at interpretting this through their commercials, windows actually made an effort. I get it for free through my school and its just gonna end up being the standard like vista was when it came out.
If you're just going on how it looks, then sure, it's just like Vista...but they supposedly fixed all the ****, the actual operating system. GUI =/= OS...

And to those of you saying there isn't anything wrong with Vista obviously have either forgotten, or never knew what real OS is like.
Vista is very taxing on computers. 7 uses hardware much more efficiently.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I'm getting 7 for free because I bought my laptop 2 months ago.

I bought my laptop a month ago, how do I get in on that?

And is it past beta stage? Because pretty much anyone could get it for free half a year ago.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by NemX162
If you're just going on how it looks, then sure, it's just like Vista...but they supposedly fixed all the ****, the actual operating system. GUI =/= OS...

And to those of you saying there isn't anything wrong with Vista obviously have either forgotten, or never knew what real OS is like.

Define real OS
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
It had bugs when it first came out, some never got over it, others just heard it from someone and assumed every Vista was buggy, others pretend they know what they're doing but don't.

My dad has a had a vista for a year or two and his backspace key doesn't work, everything is extremely slow and iTunes barely works. A few months ago his battery died and he just said, "**** it" and bought a Mac.
I just searched it, and on bestbuy.com, Windows 7 Home Premium is going to be $120. That's kind of steep in my opinion, but my PC is aging (T.T, after two short years...).

I'm going to rebuild it, keeping some of the parts I use now, hopefully. I just got a new graphics card a few months ago and it works amazingly. I'd hate to have to sink too much money into rebuilding just for the new OS. If I could keep my graphics card and RAM I'd be happy.

I think when I do rebuild it, I'm going to format my hard drive, wiping Vista and all my extraneous crap off of it. Don't worry, I'm going to back up stuff like my music, and one-time install programs. I just hope I don't have too much trouble with driver installation after formatting it.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by cornmancer
My dad has a had a vista for a year or two and his backspace key doesn't work, everything is extremely slow and iTunes barely works. A few months ago his battery died and he just said, "**** it" and bought a Mac.

he probably had too much sh*t on it, all of my keys work, iTunes worked fine (I uninstalled it since I don't have an iPod anymore so no need for it).
Quote by cornmancer
My dad has a had a vista for a year or two and his backspace key doesn't work,

And you both seriously blame the operating system for that?
iTunes barely works.

Well that's because it's Itunes.
A few months ago his battery died

Also has absolutely nothing to do with Windows.
and he just said, "**** it" and bought a Mac.

Yeah, he sounds like he fits right into the computer-illiterate demographic that Apple markets directly toward.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
you may have searchbar'd TS but you forgot to check your common sense. go to the ultimate computer thread.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock
you may have searchbar'd TS but you forgot to check your common sense. go to the ultimate computer thread.

or even better, a website about computors
By the way, if you can't get Windows 7 for free, if you have a valid .edu email address you can get it for $30 or £30.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
By the way, if you can't get Windows 7 for free, if you have a valid .edu email address you can get it for $30 or £30.

Stevehouse, you are a saint. My mother actually works for the school system, so I'll just snag her discount ^.^

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by SteveHouse

Sweet. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Stevehouse, you are a saint. My mother actually works for the school system, so I'll just snag her discount ^.^

Ooh, dunno about that. It's for college/uni students. If it's a high school addy it probably ends in k12.(state).us.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
Ooh, dunno about that. It's for college/uni students. If it's a high school addy it probably ends in k12.(state).us.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUU-

You're right... Oh well.

Quote by John Frusciante
my dad told me that windows vista was just a temperary version that microsoft released to hold their customers untill they could properly release windows 7.
i'm about to get windows 7 for free as well. but its because this comp i bought is only like 3 days old. i cant wait to see how much it owns vista (been using vista for 3 days since it was installed on this comp and i refused to get it on my laptop)...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I bought my laptop a month ago, how do I get in on that?

And is it past beta stage? Because pretty much anyone could get it for free half a year ago.

They were doing it at all big retailers I got mine at best buy.
Quote by lolmnt