so im getting a gibson SG... and i was thinking, maybe getting a raw power, but they're to heavy (?) so I'm getting a standard, i was thinking about putting a P-90 in, and a humbucker! so i was wondering whats good for hardcore punk kind of RKL style... now which one would be better for a bridge pick up, and which for a neck pick up...i play lead and i know everyones going to say oh don't get a P-90 for that genre but i like them. also, what model pickups
Last edited by NARDCORE! at Sep 26, 2009,
I've got an SG classic, which is all P-90 gibson stock, so I can attest that they sound great. On a side note, am I the only one who finds the name of your genre of choice hilarious?
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
i think if u buy a humbucker build SG, ull be limited to a gibson p-94, and a few humbucker sized duncan/dimarzio p-90 bars. check them out on youtube/seymourduncan. doing this will be easier than getting a p-90 sg and modding it for a humbucker (requires drilling, but some will argue p-94s just arent the same as p-90s)

i think the p-90 style pup would be better in the neck for cleans and very bitey rhythm , and the humbucker in the bridge for leads.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
doesn't the raw power come with burstbuckers?

And how heavy can an SG be? It's one of the smallest body shapes there are. the neck is thicker than the body lol.
What amp are you using?

Good or bad, wait until you've actually got the guitar before even thinking about changing pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com