You know those annoying popups that say you can win a new laptop or an XBox 360 or w/e? Has anyone actually done the entire survey they want you to? Do you actually get what was promised?

I'm not trying to sound gullible, I'm just curious. I mean, it can't be legal to lie about that sort of thing, right?
Quote by guitarhero_764
You know those annoying popups that say you can win a new laptop or an XBox 360 or w/e? Has anyone actually done the entire survey they want you to? Do you actually get what was promised?

I'm not trying to sound gullible, I'm just curious. I mean, it can't be legal to lie about that sort of thing, right?

Wrong.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Scams. viruses. Spam. Identity theft.

Those are all things people assume will happen at the end of those surveys. Sadly, it usually does. No one just gives something away anymore.

Also, AdBlock Plus.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
Also, AdBlock Plus.

+1
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
I've done a couple just to see the questions they ask, normally there are about 2 actual survey questions, then they want to know your cellphone number and other personal information, so it's definitely a scam of some kind.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Some are legit, but you have to jump through a ridiculous amount of hoops before you get anything, which is stated in fine print and documents that * hint at. Not worth it. Most are fake, though.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i thought from the thread title you were spamming lincs to another stupid survey. i had a witty remark ready and everything. i are disapoint.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
To get around that "illegal to lie about winning expensive crap" thing you were saying, apparently a lot of these tiny organizations name their business what you see on the popup ad. For example, the entity that creates those ads might actually be called:
"Fill Out Survey and Win PS3!"
Quote by Nickpocalypse
To get around that "illegal to lie about winning expensive crap" thing you were saying, apparently a lot of these tiny organizations name their business what you see on the popup ad. For example, the entity that creates those ads might actually be called:
"Fill Out Survey and Win PS3!"

damn thats creative.
I did something through Amazon and ended up getting TWO $20 gift certificates. That was neat.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite