dude you can get les paul standards for that price go for those if you want a les paul style guitar but just go to a store and try out a bunch to see which you like before you buy something offine mate
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
Quote by Holysorrow
dude you can get les paul standards for that price go for those if you want a les paul style guitar but just go to a store and try out a bunch to see which you like before you buy something offine mate

Right on!
Why would you ask a bunch of people that you don't know what guitar you should buy? I'll never understand this.

TRY THEM!!!!!
BUY WHAT YOU LIKE!!!!
Neither. They're incomparable. It's like asking "which is better, chalk or cheese?"
Go down to your local music store, try out some les paul shaped guitars in your budget and above your budget, try some strats and tele's, see what feels right, what matches your playing style, and then make a comparison between 2 guitrs you like and are suitable. It would also help to have a budget and a general guide of what you play...Also threads which says "which is better" don't help, because the only answer I could give would be an opinion based on what my preference, which is almost certainly different to yours. And in answer to your question, I wouldn't touch any Epi LP below a studio and Squier strats can be good, but it's VERY hit and miss. If you like LP's, try epi Studios/standards/agile, if you find you prefer strats try the squier classic vibe or find a used Mexican Fender
Err most places should stock them they're very common, but you might struggle to find one in your price range buying new.
WOW r any of u from australia???

Allans isnt an online store... Well not just an online store

OP since your from melbourne pls tell me that you know that allans is in burke street ...

They sell hundreds of mexican strats there...

Dont forget billy hyde music, Music Junction, Mannys, Troy music, Cranbourne music, Guitar world, Guitar paradise, Music swop shop, Gallians guitars
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.