I am having some serious GAS for a new les paul shape guitar for Downtuned metal. I would use this gutiar for E flat, Dropped D, D standard, and Dropped C tuning. I like these two a lot and am hoping to go play each within the next month. I have played the EC-1000 VB twice before and it is really good, but I would like to know how the Epiphone is because I have never seen it before and would like to know how the two stack up and which one is made better. Any input is appreciated.
they will both sound similar, emgs, mahogony body..etc. the epiphone is along the same quality as their customs, while is very good, i dont think itll compete all that well against an EC-1000, but the epiphone is a lot cheaper isnt it?

but no matter what anyone can say, they will be similar enough where its just a matter of preference, mostly with the neck profile and cosmetics.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Nah the ESP is only 50/70 bucks more than the Epiphone, and the esp has 2 volume 1 tone controll where the epiphone only has one of each, and the neck pups are different. A 60 vs a 85. Other than that and different neck profiles, there is not much of a different between the two, so im gonna try them out, but ive played the esp before and loved it.
the colour scheme of the LTD is amazing.

Just curious, how is the neck on that guitar? And does that one come with EMGs or SDs?

I've played a prophecy SG, it was cool, and the satin neck was nice, but the inlays and stuff made it seem really cheap.
They both comes with EMGs the LTD has the 81/60 and the epi has the 81/85 but the LTD comes in a variant that has SDs (SH-4 JB and 59 Jazz I believe) As for the neck profile, not too sure since I haven't played the epi and the last time i played the esp was a year ago, but im guessing they both mimic a gibson lp neck but the ltd is probably a tad thinner, but not to sure.
+1 for the EC-1000
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
ec-1000, simply because MIK>MIC. Oh, an d for the most part, LTD>Epiphone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.