AI
Would it be able to record all the inputs at once? I just want to be able to get my band jamming recorded, and was wondering if this would be any good.
And just how many mics are you going to buy?
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
USB, with that many inputs?, you got to be kidding.

I suggest that you find a firewire interface instead, because as far as i know, USB won't handle that many inputs.

EDIT: http://www.guitarcenter.com/PreSonus-FP10-10x10-FireWire-Interface--Firepod--242036-i1368483.gc is a firewire interface that has the same amout of inputs and has the same rating + it's 50 bucks cheaper. it's rated average 5 stars.
Last edited by GisleAune at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by GisleAune
USB, with that many inputs?, you got to be kidding.

I suggest that you find a firewire interface instead, because as far as i know, USB won't handle that many inputs.

EDIT: http://www.guitarcenter.com/PreSonus-FP10-10x10-FireWire-Interface--Firepod--242036-i1368483.gc is a firewire interface that has the same amout of inputs and has the same rating + it's 50 bucks cheaper. it's rated average 5 stars.

usb shouldnt have such a bad rep. usb 2.0 at times can actually go faster than firewire (although i do know firewire is better, usb 2.0 isnt bad at all) yea id recommend the presonus interface tho.
Quote by MetalBass 77
usb shouldnt have such a bad rep. usb 2.0 at times can actually go faster than firewire (although i do know firewire is better, usb 2.0 isnt bad at all) yea id recommend the presonus interface tho.

What would I need to use firewire with my computer?
Quote by getmad24_7
What would I need to use firewire with my computer?

What are you trying to ask? What else would you use firewire with?
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by Union Of V
What are you trying to ask? What else would you use firewire with?

I was asking how I would hook firewire up to my computer, but I found the port.
USB interface + FW hard drive > FW interface + internal hard drive.

people really need to learn that.
Quote by MetalBass 77
or usb 2.0 hard drive i got a 750 gigabyte external drive which i think will be more than necesarry for a while

no, if you're using an external it has to be firewire. pro tools won't record/playback directly from a USB hard drive, only firewire. if you're using USB, you're just creating back-ups while running your DAW off your system drive, and you want to avoid running off your system drive as much as possible.

this might be different with other DAWs (i pretty much solely use pro tools and logic), but you still want to use firewire -- or a separate internal drive -- for good performance.
Quote by climhazzard
no, if you're using an external it has to be firewire. pro tools won't record/playback directly from a USB hard drive, only firewire. if you're using USB, you're just creating back-ups while running your DAW off your system drive, and you want to avoid running off your system drive as much as possible.

this might be different with other DAWs (i pretty much solely use pro tools and logic), but you still want to use firewire -- or a separate internal drive -- for good performance.

i just use reaper and the drive seems to be working fine. i dont really plan on using protools in the near future but i will keep that in mind thanks.