Okay, I have a B.C Rich Warlock. (one of the more expensive ones so don't go bashing) I've been noticing this weird sound that my guitar makes through my amp. It's like air coming through the speaker. It only does it on my distortion settings. It won't do it on the clean settings. the only this I can figure out is that my action on my guitar may be to high. Also sometimes, it makes a static noise to..

Any help?
it is called noise
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Some noise is normal. It usually shows up with more distortion. Is it more then normal noise? I've no idea how to fix it . What's your amp? My Vox vt15 has excessive noise with the attenuator turned all the way up. I move it over one spot and it goes away. Don't know if that helps . . .
Stand farther from your amp and play facing the opposite direction from it. If that doesn´t work you´ll be needing a noise suppressor or something similar.
Quote by Vlasco
Stand farther from your amp and play facing the opposite direction from it. If that doesn´t work you´ll be needing a noise suppressor or something similar.

+1, but also what is your amp? If its cheap, then grow a brain and dont bother posting, cause it would be almost certainly because of a cheap amp.

If it is a good amp, then try moving all radio recievers away (clock radios, tv antenaes, radios etc). Try lowering your pickups if you think theyre too high. Try tuning down your gain, because some noise if inevitable and normal. If your amp has built in fx, try turning them off completely because some digital fx can create feedback and wierd buzzing noises sometimes.

Also try googling reviews about your amp and see if anybody else has your problem and/or a solution.
i've had my amp for about 3 to 4 years now i have an Ibanez tone blaster *puts up flame shield* but see the thing is i can plug my brothers washburn into it and it doesn't make a single sound...

also to Vlasco:

i play with the amp across the room and most of the time i do face in a different direction and it still doesn't help.. it didn't start making this noise untill i got the B.C Rich.. i personally thing the action may be to high because the floyd on my guitar sets tilted twords the pickups a little.... the guy that run the music store said it would stay in tune alot easier.
i have fixed the problem the action was to high on it and the FR was not aligned with the body so with the help of Ultimate-Guitars FR setup guide i went to work and fixed the problem.. buzzing is gone and the sound of air coming through the speakers is gone to and sence the actions lower it plays like a dream now
I had no idea that high action caused buzz. Kinda cool to know I guess.