GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400

I don't mind him actually.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
hpw can anyone not like Immortal Technique...
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus

For real though, he's incredibly overrated. He seems to be brought up in every single discussion about rap, but I've never found anything about him too particularly good.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Monolith295

For real though, he's incredibly overrated. He seems to be brought up in every single discussion about rap, but I've never found anything about him too particularly good.

Agreed, I honestly can't find a single thing about him I enjoy.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
He might be overrated by a bunch of 14 year olds who just got into hip hop a week ago, but you can't deny the man is an absolute genius. Sure his flow is a little lacking, but the man has yet to produce a weak verse in any of his tracks. Name one other MC that could sell over 250,000 records with no mainstream promotion on TV or radio whatsoever.

But what's most admirable about him is that he's more than just a musician. He just got back from Afghanistan building an orphanage with his own money and his own labour. He's done similar work in alot of 3rd world countries in South America too
Quote by metalhead39
He might be overrated by a bunch of 14 year olds who just got into hip hop a week ago, but you can't deny the man is an absolute genius. Sure his flow is a little lacking, but the man has yet to produce a weak verse in any of his tracks. Name one other MC that could sell over 250,000 records with no mainstream promotion on TV or radio whatsoever.

But what's most admirable about him is that he's more than just a musician. He just got back from Afghanistan building an orphanage with his own money and his own labour. He's done similar work in alot of 3rd world countries in South America too

I'm 20 and I have been listening to hip hop my whole life. So already you sound like an idiot.
Proof's album Searching for Jerry Garcia reached 65 on Billboard top 200 and he released it on his own label. Never has his music been promoted or played on the radio.

And about the stuff in Afghanistan and South America, that has nothing to do with anything. Of course it is awesome that he does that but nobody was saying anything against his character. All I said was he was overrated and he just doesn't do it for me.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by metalhead39

yea man he can't stay on beat or make any clever rhymes or provide any sort of meaningful political commentary beyond "edgy" **** that demonstrates a lack of even the basic principles of marxist theory but that is beyond the point. he is a genius
hmm I don't really see why most of you don't like him.

I find all his stuff to be great, maybe it's just me.

Sumdeus
Quote by metalhead39

I don't enjoy his songs, I find them to be quite boring. And I have no idea who else could sell 250,000 copies without radio or TV support because I don't listen to the radio or watch TV that has music ads so I don't know who's supported by either.

That Afghanistan thing is awesome though.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
He's not close to being the best...

I think the reason I still think he's really good is cause I don't listen to him that often... It would probably got boring after a while.

Sumdeus
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

In my opinion, what Immortal Tech lacks in flow he more than makes up for in his message and intelligence
Overrated or not, it doesn't matter, Dance With The Devil had me shitting my pants for about 3 weeks.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Alright, no idea why people hate him. He's one of the hip-hop artists I've liked in a long time. Not so much because of the music but because of the lyrics. They're intelligent for a change and related to current geo/social/political issues. I dig that stuff so I like it. Plus, it isn't as obnoxious as most hip-hop I've heard.

And although the music isn't the highlight, it's nice to hear some more stripped down music involving classical pieces or acoustic guitars once in a while.

As for overrated... I don't know about that so I cant say if he is or not. But fanboys usually don't understand shit and play something up so that is a possibility.

Anyways, my favorite songs include:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igt-jW4e8ts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dTE00trRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsxoei6OykM
Everytime I speak my mind I'm lyrically critical
The pinnacle of being revolutionarily pivotal
Beyond anything ever studied that's metaphysical
Man, **** a minority, I'm not politically minimal
But obviously terminologies that are statistical
Are manufactured to be unequivocally subliminal
Transmitted by monopolized media visuals
So I riddle hypocritically pitiful criminals
Habitually utilizing typical rituals
With false pretense in attempts to be spiritual
To individuals that believe in biblical miracles
Instead of themselves cause they're not thinking original
And the color of their skin makes them feel invisible
Like microscopic miscarriages lynched with the umbilical

Tell me Immortal Technique's not one of the most talented lyricists around
Last edited by metalhead39 at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by metalhead39
Everytime I speak my mind I'm lyrically critical
The pinnacle of being revolutionarily pivotal
Beyond anything ever studied that's metaphysical
Man, **** a minority, I'm not politically minimal
But obviously terminologies that are statistical
Are manufactured to be unequivocally subliminal
Transmitted by monopolized media visuals
So I riddle hypocritically pitiful criminals
Habitually utilizing typical rituals
With false pretense in attempts to be spiritual
To individuals that believe in biblical miracles
Instead of themselves cause they're not thinking original
And the color of their skin makes them feel invisible
Like microscopic miscarriages lynched with the umbilical

Tell me Immortal Technique's not one of the most talented lyricists around

He's not consistent enough to be placed in the category of 'most talented lyricists around' IMO.

But I still respect him... because he's really righteous. But the more I dwell into the underground of hip hop, I realize that he not that great lyrically. He's good, but not great.

Although, I totally understand that he has many fans, and I'm happy for him... and his cause.
Wouldn't say he is well-read. I mean, the things he said in the interview is your run-of-the-mill theories you can pick up from conspiracy websites. On the other hand, he did say some stuff which put him in a good light.

That being said, I really like his stuff. Just not when he is ranting about politics.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx
Wouldn't say he is well-read. I mean, the things he said in the interview is your run-of-the-mill theories you can pick up from conspiracy websites. On the other hand, he did say some stuff which put him in a good light.

That being said, I really like his stuff. Just not when he is ranting about politics.

When did he mention any conspiracy theories in that interview? He just said that the government flat out lied about the air being safe to breathe at Ground Zero, and simply raised the question of what else they're lying to us about. Those rescue workers are so sick with multiple cancers and other serious respiratory illnesses that every single one of them is going to be dead within the next 15 years. The government flat out murdered all of those heroes, they don't give a rats ass about the people in any decision they make.

Immortal Technique really knows his shit, I love hearing interviews with him.
Immortal Technique is hip-hop for pseudo-intellectual white people. He blatantly stole his flow and style from Nas, and he's gone so far as to steal lyrics from him as well.
Quote by metalhead39
When did he mention any conspiracy theories in that interview?

fucking seriously. he's telling it like it is, that's all.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by metalhead39
When did he mention any conspiracy theories in that interview? He just said that the government flat out lied about the air being safe to breathe at Ground Zero, and simply raised the question of what else they're lying to us about. Those rescue workers are so sick with multiple cancers and other serious respiratory illnesses that every single one of them is going to be dead within the next 15 years. The government flat out murdered all of those heroes, they don't give a rats ass about the people in any decision they make.

Immortal Technique really knows his shit, I love hearing interviews with him.

Conspiracy was the wrong choice of words on my part so I apologise for that. My problem is that he sounds awfully pessimistic and rather anti-government which gives the impression he is just playing the devil's advocate. However, I will address your point. First of all, I'm not exactly fond of the Bush administration either so let's not get mixed up. The rescue workers responded immediately to the situation so I can't really see how the government could be held responsible for it. The people living in areas surrounding the crash wasn't likely to be affected by cancerous illnesses either because a study was conducted and "the pollution spike was unlikely to increase cancer risks in nearby communities".

Also, hopefully the new album comes out soon. Didn't enjoy The 3rd World much.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
i think too many people misinterpret his "hard" almost thug image. he's just showing that anyone can make it from the outcasted slums, who's populations (many indigenous) are forced to live in blocks the size of your living room, and without fair means of education, whether self-sustained, or through institutions. the only education available is that of the corrupt, drug-ridden streets they live in - in the crumbling, privatized foundations of the Capitalist ideal that has claimed their land. immortal technique is, and speaks for these kind of people. he adopted his mentality at a young age, yet through his own unique struggle, has been able to educate and liberate himself, and personify all these aspects of his life into his musical image. i feel like immortal technique is a very important figure in music today. he's the small, but big voice that gives the truth, and with the mentality of a revolutionary. the music industry; that's his enemy.

obviously his "flow" doesn't really matter to me.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Last edited by -BlackZeppelin- at Jan 3, 2010,
^^
+1

He's much more than just an artist. His message of humanity and what he does to support it is on the same level as the likes of Bob Marley and John Lennon in my opinion.
Quote by Cianyx
The people living in areas surrounding the crash wasn't likely to be affected by cancerous illnesses either because a study was conducted and "the pollution spike was unlikely to increase cancer risks in nearby communities".

Also, hopefully the new album comes out soon. Didn't enjoy The 3rd World much.

Are you serious? Yeah, no studies ever 'scientifically proved' that the toxins at Love Canal were dangerous, either. Remember when we thought lead paint was safe? Mecury and methylmercury? BPA? The list goes on and on. Of course a study is going to say that the areas surrounding the crashes are still safe; saying otherwise would cost the American government billions of dollars.

Oh, this is an Immortal Technique thread? Well, shit.
Last edited by fredthecat at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by fredthecat
Are you serious? Yeah, no studies ever 'scientifically proved' that the toxins at Love Canal were dangerous, either. Remember when we thought lead paint was safe? Mecury and methylmercury? BPA? The list goes on and on. Of course a study is going to say that the areas surrounding the crashes are still safe; saying otherwise would cost the American government billions of dollars.

Oh, this is an Immortal Technique thread? Well, shit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/27/nyregion/study-shows-air-from-9-11-didn-t-inflate-cancer-risk.html?sec=health
Here's the link if you actually give a shit. I happen to believe that the NY Times to be a more reliable source.

Let me phrase this for you in a loud and clear manner in bold: I never said that it wasn't dangerous. The rescue workers suffered from cancerous due to the high levels of toxins from the crash. The people living in the area shouldn't be affected as much because the toxins doesn't last for long.
Wow, do you really think that the American government completely control the media? Do you think the media actually cares if the government loses billions of dollars? I think not. Remember when we thought Nixon was honest? Blackwater and Abu Ghraib? Unethical CIA plots? The list goes on and on.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 3, 2010,