I've heard mixed things about faded SG's.They are amongst gibsons cheaper guitars and many people seem to think that the lower end gibsons have shocking qaulity control on them.
Personally I would pick-up a higher end epiphone and mod the hell out of it.Much better value for money,and the higher end epi's seem to have better QC.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Gibsons and Epi's are very hit and miss these days, never buy one unless you've tried it. Have you looked at other SG style guitars like the ESP Viper? What genre/s of music are you going to be playing and what amp are you putting it through?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Try one out before you buy it. Bought a faded SG as my first axe, hasn't failed me since. Spot **** on since the minute i bought her.
Gibson.
A good sg for what?

Im sure it works ...

Maybe your trolling to spark a gibson quality control debate ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

There's nothing wrong with the faded series tbh. There's just nothing special about them as well.

Maybe save up for a used SG standard?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Tatsumaru
A good sg for what?

Im sure it works ...

Maybe your trolling to spark a gibson quality control debate ...

or maybe you're trolling by trying to drive the thread onto that subject.

Anywho, Yes, those SGs are good.. But you should always search around for one that you really like if that's what you're looking for, and buy that particular one, rather than blindly buying one off the net, or worse, taking the time to go try one, finding one you like, then going home and ordering one off the net expecting it to be the same. they are all very individual and you'll probably find that you only like a small minority of those that you try out. It's just the nature of the beast really.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
They are good guitars, solid and dependable but lacking any real wow factor.

The neck on the one I tried has a LOT thicker and bulkier than the Gibson Les Paul Custom I played afterwards

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone

The neck on the one I tried has a LOT thicker and bulkier than the Gibson Les Paul Custom I played afterwards

Yeah, the Fadeds and Standards have pretty fat necks. The USA '61 RI has a '60s slim taper neck.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Chrisiphone

and the chances are if there was one next to it, it would've had a really thin neck like a '60s profile that felt really tiny that's actually how varied they are.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
and the chances are if there was one next to it, it would've had a really thin neck like a '60s profile that felt really tiny that's actually how varied they are.

Really? I know the specs used to list the Fadeds as having a '50s rounded profile so I wouldn't think they'd be that varied.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
well im not "trolling" thats gotta be the geekiest phrase ever. But oh well. Im looking just to play rock with it. Weezer and other fun songs. Amp i dunno. I just sold my crate. Dont really know much about amps.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by Blompcube
or maybe you're trolling by trying to drive the thread onto that subject

I wasnt the first to mention it

Quote by Ian hawkins
I've heard mixed things about faded SG's.They are amongst gibsons cheaper guitars and many people seem to think that the lower end gibsons have shocking qaulity control on them.
Personally I would pick-up a higher end epiphone and mod the hell out of it.Much better value for money,and the higher end epi's seem to have better QC.

I honestly thought a fight would breakout like all the other gibson threads ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

from personal experience, I would say stay away. I had 3 friends that all bought this guitar and they all had problems with wiring and bad hardware, liking having the tuners pretty much fall apart. Also, they do have very thick necks, which Im not a fan of. They were nice for about a year, minimal problems, but after a year and a half they've kinda turned to crap. If you want an SG either get an LTD or a used standard. Thats my opinion.