So basically, i want my playing to sound more professional (like Boyce Avenue), can you give me any tips on how to sound like them? Sorry I've got no video of my playing.. my camrea aint working atm. But any tips will do
Quote by patticake
one thing makes guitar players sound better - practice.

i do practice. every day. for bout an hour or two.

but i still sound crap. should i experiment with more chords or tunings or summit?
Quote by Fieryhead
i do practice. every day. for bout an hour or two.

but i still sound crap. should i experiment with more chords or tunings or summit?

How long ago did you start playing?
Quote by GC Shred Off
How long ago did you start playing?

nearly a year ago. i played before hand, but i got serious about it a year ago.
Quote by Fieryhead
nearly a year ago. i played before hand, but i got serious about it a year ago.

Give it time. Professional sounding music comes with years of playing. I still think I'm not there, even after a decade and change.

If you want something to work on, try improving the voicing of how you play. A lot of people overlook that. Try using varying volumes and types of strokes (muted, open, etc.) to add or remove emphasis.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Sep 27, 2009,
when you say you practice, do you work on something new every week - something that isn't the same style as what you can already play? also do start off playing each thing you're learning very slowly? you can't play well fast till you can play it slow. i know a lot of players who never get better because they try and learn everything at full speed, so they start each new tune sloppy and stay sloppy. if you start each tune slow - as slow as it takes to do it right - you can learn it right. once you have it down slow, you can work on speeding it up gradually.
Learn to play 'in the pocket'.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Quote by patticake
when you say you practice, do you work on something new every week - something that isn't the same style as what you can already play? also do start off playing each thing you're learning very slowly? you can't play well fast till you can play it slow. i know a lot of players who never get better because they try and learn everything at full speed, so they start each new tune sloppy and stay sloppy. if you start each tune slow - as slow as it takes to do it right - you can learn it right. once you have it down slow, you can work on speeding it up gradually.

This. There's a big difference between practice, and practicing right. What sort of stuff do you do each time you practice?
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by 3holepunch
This. There's a big difference between practice, and practicing right. What sort of stuff do you do each time you practice?

i practice mainly r&b music or stuff in the charts as it is quite recognisable.
Quote by GC Shred Off
Give it time. Professional sounding music comes with years of playing. I still think I'm not there, even after a decade and change.

If you want something to work on, try improving the voicing of how you play. A lot of poeople overlook that. Try using varying volumes and types of strokes (muted, open, etc.) to add or remove emphasis.

^this