2. Fender Telecaster
3. Gibson Les Paul
4. Gibson SG

Amps:

A. Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
B. Vox AC-30
C. Marshall 1959 SLP
"teh most gains"
all would work pretty well in any combination. id prefere the marshall 1959 though.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

SG + Marshall SLP.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by mountain2012
Guitars:

1. Fender Stratocaster
2. Fender Telecaster
3. Gibson Les Paul
4. Gibson SG

Amps:

A. Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
B. Vox AC-30
C. Marshall 1959 SLP

Honestly, it all depends on the tone you're after. Any of those combinations could sound fantastic. We could maybe help pair these up better if we knew what you are looking for sound wise.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Depends on what tone you want really. A Fender goes great with a Fender, just listen to SRV. But then listen to Hendrix and hear it sing through a Marshall. And a Gibson/Marshall combo is a classic, but just listen to stuff like Derek Trucks and you hear that they sound great with a Fender amp too. Of course we can't forget Vox either. The Edge has used a great number of both Fenders and Gibsons and he has a great tone. So really there is no best. It's preference.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Depends on what tone you want really. A Fender goes great with a Fender, just listen to SRV. But then listen to Hendrix and hear it sing through a Marshall. And a Gibson/Marshall combo is a classic, but just listen to stuff like Derek Trucks and you hear that they sound great with a Fender amp too. Of course we can't forget Vox either. The Edge has used a great number of both Fenders and Gibsons and he has a great tone. So really there is no best. It's preference.

+1

I use my SG with my Vox AC30 and the sound is second to none in my opinion...

Truth be told, I'm a big fan of The Edge

-readys flame shield-

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
I'd be happy with any of those matchups, though I'm not a fan of that particular fender amp.
Depends way more on the pickup than the guitar imo.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by britishsligean
in my opinion the best combo is:
gibson-marshal
fender-fender
all of them-vox

What the **** are you smoking?

Get the vox,marshall for british voicing and the fender for american.
Overall they´re all pretty much personal preference.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by TheFly_1990

Truth be told, I'm a big fan of The Edge

-readys flame shield-

Why do people hate The Edge? He's a one of a kind guitarist and really has his style. BBeing a good guitarist isn't about shredding, it's about expressing yourself. And that he can do!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

umm, whatever you think sounds best to your ear after trying them all out.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Vox AC 30 - Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Strat
Marshall - SG and Les Paul
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Quote by Gabel
Why do people hate The Edge? He's a one of a kind guitarist and really has his style. BBeing a good guitarist isn't about shredding, it's about expressing yourself. And that he can do!

I hate the Edge because I hate U2. Yes, he can express himself, but I don't connect with anything he expresses. Which in and of itself is nothing to hate. However, I don't think his music has depth and the band U2 gets more recognition than many other, more deserving acts.

Which is why I don't like the Edge. Oh, and I think calling yourself 'The Edge' is stupid.
Quote by imgooley
I hate the Edge because I hate U2. Yes, he can express himself, but I don't connect with anything he expresses. Which in and of itself is nothing to hate. However, I don't think his music has depth and the band U2 gets more recognition than many other, more deserving acts.

Which is why I don't like the Edge. Oh, and I think calling yourself 'The Edge' is stupid.

Ok, fair point! It just seems that a lot people dislike him because he can't shred or so. This is something I kind of hat ewith UG: All about guitar playing is technical.

*Raises flame shield*

No but there are many people out there who deserve recognition, but doesn't get any here. Look at Johnny Marr, Adrian Belew and Paul Weller. They are three guitarist who are anything but shredders, but are all very original, yet they get no recognition over here.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I'll throw in my 2 cents cause this seems like fun.

Hot Rod Deluxe - Either the Strat or Tele
AC30 - Les Paul or Tele
1959 SLP - Les Paul or SG

But 2 things:

1. Why did you chose the Hot Rod Deluxe?!? Why not a classic Fender amp?

2. After watching the documentary "It Might Get Loud" (which finally opened in my area last night) I have quite a bit of respect for The Edge. The approach he takes to playing guitar is very cool.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15