Page 1 of 2
Just come off of /b/ and read a thread (has 404ed for some reason) telling of terrible things happening at the G20. (I know /b/ is not any place to take legit information but its getting better) It said that the US dollar will be worth nothing come Monday morning, as the US owes China something in excess of $800 billion. I cant remember WHY it will be worth nothing, but is this true? Ive also got this video of riots in the US which was also in the mentioned thread. (It might be unrelated but it makes sense if thes claims are true.)

If these are lies, then Im sorry for wasting your time.

If this is not a lie and is on the television, then before I am told to watch the news, remember this: I am in Australia. All the coverage of the G20 we have recieved is film and pictures of our PM smiling like a baboon and lapping up the attention like a cam*****.

tl;dr

Is the US going to cease to exist?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Is this the same /b/ who's political reasoning suggests that the Muslim population will wage war on Europe, and have the whole European population enslaved by 2014?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Is this the same /b/ who's political reasoning suggests that the Muslim population will wage war on Europe, and have the whole European population enslaved by 2014?

Its actually a rather mature day today. This was everywhere at one point.
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Lucky you TS, living in lego land there, I bet it's pretty chill.
SHREDIT: Woops, you live in Aus.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Last edited by Shredoftheday at Sep 26, 2009,
Where's legoland?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
As does you, so im sure you can agree with the absolutley useless G20 coverage we are receieving?
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Quote by titsmcgee852
Where's legoland?

My house. I has more bricks of it than the pit has combined faps.

On topic: is it BS?
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Quote by titsmcgee852
Where's legoland?

Denmark. Lego translates into Danish as "Leg-Godt", meaning play well. Although there is a Legoland in Windsor, UK.

Also, don't believe everything you hear TS. Everything will be fine.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Eh I doubt are dollar will be worth nothing, but yeah there are riots going on in Pittsburgh, and a lot of other **** has gone off the chain here in America. But all I can say is oh well. Like were gona pay China 800 billion dollars.
Peace be thy journey
Ok so if the US dollar and nation ISNT going to collapse, why all the riots? What IS going on?
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Denmark. Lego translates into Danish as "Leg-Godt", meaning play well. Although there is a Legoland in Windsor, UK.

Also, don't believe everything you hear TS. Everything will be fine.

o

There's a junkie suburb around here they call legoland, so I just... yeah.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
o

There's a junkie suburb around here they call legoland, so I just... yeah.

Really? Thats awesome!
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
I have heard nothing of rioting, but we've been hundreds of billions in debt for a looooooooong time. I don't think anything's going to happen by Monday.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by METAL_MAN135
Ok so if the US dollar and nation ISNT going to collapse, why all the riots? What IS going on?

People always protest these international summits.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Monolith295
I have heard nothing of rioting, but we've been hundreds of billions in debt for a looooooooong time. I don't think anything's going to happen by Monday.

Oh so the riots are not a major event in the US? Oh. Im....somewhat disappointed at the lack of the end of the world.
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
does this mean Canada will get to laugh at the US again for the value of their dollar? awesome. im goin SHOPPIN'.
my friend goes to Pittsburg University, and was right out on the balcony of his dorm room when the students were down on the street rioting and getting tear gassed.

(the G20 is meeting in Pitt)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic17R00sqCc

EDIT: he wasnt one of the ones trapped in the video his dorm was a different building
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Last edited by B4Dkarma at Sep 26, 2009,
Oh comeon, at least Japan has a new Prime Minister, who's NOT a Liberal Democrat, finally.

What are we worrying about?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Sorry to be Captain Obvious here, but since the dollar will (supposedly) be worth nothing and the US owes China $800 billion, I guess Monday will be a perfect day for paying off debts.
The US will basically be giving the Chinese....nothing
I don't have a signature
Woot us canadians is goin shoppin

LETS GO SHINY!
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
guess im gonna move to china now

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
The nice part of being in the US is that people can protest pretty much anything. The bad part is that people DO protest pretty much EVERYTHING.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
China will take over the world, and crappy, cheap, and low-quality products will rule the world...
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
China will take over the world, and crappy, cheap, and low-quality products will rule the world...

Alot of normal stuff comes from china, remember the ´Made in China´ thingy? Well, it comes from China. Also America owes them $800 billions or something? If they just pay it off, or did it earlier or whatever, China would be able to make better products.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Alot of normal stuff comes from china, remember the ´Made in China´ thingy? Well, it comes from China. Also America owes them $800 billions or something? If they just pay it off, or did it earlier or whatever, China would be able to make better products.

I guess you're right.

Americans didn't trust Japanese products during the 70s and 80s, if I remember
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
Oh comeon, at least Japan has a new Prime Minister, who's NOT a Liberal Democrat, finally.

What are we worrying about?

So, are the Japanese Lib Dems as rubbish as British Lib Dems?
Quote by METAL_MAN135

They're radical leftists, anarchists, communists and all that. They're always protesting these things, there were protests at the G20 in london last year.
Beijing was the first to call for a new global currency as an alternative to the US dollar as the US deficit rocketed

Dear God, run for your lives!
love is love // return to dust
As someone who isn't american and is a minor and therefore unaffected by the US economy i wouldn't care if it went to ****. That would open the door for me to buy all the awesome guitar gear i want at low prices instead of the massive ripoff it is in australia.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
As someone who isn't american and is a minor and therefore unaffected by the US economy i wouldn't care if it went to ****. That would open the door for me to buy all the awesome guitar gear i want at low prices instead of the massive ripoff it is in australia.

i dont think it works like that, bro.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by TOMMYB22

Someone has yet to take an economics class...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by Zugunruhe
i dont think it works like that, bro.

Well i'm no economist so i'm probably wrong in a sense but overpriced guitar gear at low low prices doesn't seem so bad to me.

The Mesa Boogie Mark V that i hunger for costs 6500 AUD over here, no amount of shipping, taxes and dollar fluctuations can justify a 4000 dollar mark up.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
thats some scary ****. never even heard of g20 before but it cant be good.
Quote by B4Dkarma
my friend goes to Pittsburg University, and was right out on the balcony of his dorm room when the students were down on the street rioting and getting tear gassed.

(the G20 is meeting in Pitt)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic17R00sqCc

EDIT: he wasnt one of the ones trapped in the video his dorm was a different building

That was pretty sickening really

Quote by TOMMYB22

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Sep 28, 2009,
Page 1 of 2