Greetings!
I seem to have a problem with my low E string! Whenever I hit an open B or High E string, the low E starts ringing too, which is disturbing, to say the least. Could anyone tell me why this occurs, and how to fix it?
Right, that's pretty logical . Though it still doesn't explain the ringing with a B.
i think he means he doesn't strum those strings and still they ring. i know what you mean sometimes it occurs on my acoustic guitar aswell (it doesnt disturb me much though i think it sounds cool sometimes), i think it has something to do with frequency and resonance... maybe your bridge... not sure i might be talkin bull****.
anyways... i dont know how to fix it :\ hope i could help anyway
Quote by aBONiE
Right, that's pretty logical . Though it still doesn't explain the ringing with a B.

Because when you hit any string the guitar body vibrates, and that makes all the strings vibrate.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i remember reading that putting a rubberband over the nut of the strings or something will help stop it, but i doubt it

the more you play the more you will get into the habit of just muting other strings
Well your action may be too low. Some people (like myself) like it that way as it's easier to play but it does make your low E ring when you play your B.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
It's to do with the harmonics of the string, when you play a B, the seventh fret harmonic of the open E will ring. It happens alot more on an acoustic than electric.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Very infomative! Thanks, guys. I was curious because I didn't notice this with 10s, and now it's present with 9s, I guess because they vibrate more easily.