Page 1 of 4
Last week she went to an oncologist for a test, and she just got the resulst back.

Positive. breast cancer.

He said it wasn't thaaaaat big and they could probably get it all out, if he hadn't already, but I'm still really worried.

=/

Any similar stories?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
sad story, bro

i wish your mother well
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view

I wish your mother well
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
dont worry she'll be ok
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Fender MIM HSS Strat
Whammy
Crybaby
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Proco Rat
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress
EHX Small Clone
EHX Pulsar Tremolo
Boss RE 20 Space Echo
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Fender Frontman 65R
Breast cancer, especially when it's detected early like it seems to have been with your mum has a small mortality rate. Your mum will probably be fine. Good luck.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
=')

I love you guys.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Exact same thing happened to me. Your lucky you got the results back so fast. My mom went in and didn't get the results for two months, then we waited another two months for the surgery. If they said they could get it all out they probably will because that's exactly what they said to us. Right after the surgery she'll feel like utter **** and just lay in bed for weeks. Chemo will also suck all her energy out, but not as badly as the surgery will. Hopefully you'll get a good doctor. My step-dad lives in Arizona so she went to stay with him that summer and I came every two weeks. The problem was that she hated her doctor in Arizona, so she had to come back eventually just to get a good doctor here in KC. That might have been the hardest part for her, having to choose between her husband or good treatment. You know come to think of it that year sucked in general. First they went to Hawaii and got stuck in an earthquake, then my step-dad had to get heart surgery, then the breast cancer. No wonder we aren't doing to good in this economy, we're still trying to recover from the **** we went through two years ago.
Same thing happened to my mom. There will be some tough ass times during her treatment because the chemo and radiation will more than likely wear her out and basically make her feel awful for large amounts of times each day. Just be there for her and that no matter what happens, she needs you and your family, even if she doesn't seem like it.
I hope all goes well, it did with my family
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
Quote by pak1351
Yes, and it doesn't always work out

Touching
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
My mom also had cancer.
And she is completely fine now bro.
Don't worry.

Edit: Its in the early stages. Do NOT worry bro.
Its sure to be fine.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Sep 26, 2009,
awwww! she will be ok! at least they detected it early, and not later on.
"\(X_x)/"
RAWR! I CAN HAZ BRAINZ!?
cancer happens to 1 in 3 people so a third of the posters here. if i get it i will just go out with a bang im not going though chemo and stuff to then just die anyway.
Quote by lucertia.
cancer happens to 1 in 3 people so a third of the posters here. if i get it i will just go out with a bang im not going though chemo and stuff to then just die anyway.

...what? So you would just give up?

Also TS I wish the best of luck to you. I'm sure she'll be fine since it was caught so early.
Last edited by Masamune at Sep 26, 2009,

Hug stack to you, and best wishes to your mom
DO YOU LIEK ME???

cause i dont like you

Quote by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
Know exactly what you're going through, if they got it early on, not much to worry about. But the treatment and stuff will be tough, just help out any way you can.
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

GWS Pinkys Mom!!
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Sorry dude
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by m.f.k.r
Same thing happened to my mom. There will be some tough ass times during her treatment because the chemo and radiation will more than likely wear her out and basically make her feel awful for large amounts of times each day. Just be there for her and that no matter what happens, she needs you and your family, even if she doesn't seem like it.
I hope all goes well, it did with my family

Same exact story here. It's rough for about a year, but you'll get through it. Just keep yours and her spirits up
The best of luck to your mother, if it was caught early, she'll most likely be fine
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Recently while I was away travelling for about 3 weeks, my mum was diagnosed with ovarian cancer (or actually it may have been of some other part of that whole system), but so as not to worry me did not tell me until i returned home.
About 2 weeks after i returned and was informed she was in hospital and got a hysterectomy, then about 5 days later was at home. One week later then also got the all clear for other tissue. So in under 4 weeks that entire escapade has ended haha.
It never worried me that much though really, twas all good!
Sorry to hear, dude.

Hope she'll be fine and stuff.
DeVillains!
I've lost two grandparents to cancer and now a third has it.
He was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago with a small tumor in his lungs which could be removed. Then they said it was terminal and he only had about 3 months left last Friday. But I was told on Thursday that he's not doing great and might not even have that long left.
Cancer is horrible. I really hope your mum can beat it.
X
look at the bright side:
if she dies, you are one step closer to freedom and a lot of money
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
She's gonna be fine. My grandmother had it a while ago and she's fine.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Zoot Allures
im reporting this

okay, be my guest
still that is what I would be looking out for
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
look at the bright side:
if she dies, you are one step closer to freedom and a lot of money

STFU.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
She should definitely be fine if it was detected early. The five year survival rate is close to 90% now for breast cancer. If she also is younger, it will be incredibly likely that she'll be ok.

best of luck
Quote by boxerb
She should definitely be fine if it was detected early. The five year survival rate is close to 90% now for breast cancer. If she also is younger, it will be incredibly likely that she'll be ok.

best of luck

10% chance of dying though
WITHIN five years
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
^ thanks negative nancy -.-

I believe that statistic is based on living with breast cancer, but if they are able to remove it altogether and check nearby lymph nodes for cancer (and have that come back negative) she should be fine.

Whether or not it shows up again is really luck based. If you aren't exposed to environmental factors or predisposed to it, the wrong things just have to happen at the wrong time.

*edits*

whoops, to that other guy
Page 1 of 4