I know Mesa's have fixed bias, and I've heard they're biased pretty cold. Since the Rectifier takes 6L6s, which are lower wattage, could the amp handle 6l6GCs?
try it out. it wont hurt the amp
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
I think they have different names for a reason... I wouldn't.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Eurotubes Sells a 6l6gc Retube kit for a Single Rec HERE.

He's pretty good about pushing the limit's of the Mesa amp's without harming any thing. TBH your best off doing an adjustable bias mod. Which can be found HERE. It's fairly simple and can be done in a couple hours if you have a basic knowledge of Electronics.

I really don't see a problem with the 6l6gc's as long as they are in Mesa's bias range. If your to order them order them from www.eurotubes.com, www.thetubestore.com or www.tubedepot.com. These are very well respected sites that can get you tubes in Mesa's bias range. Just let them know it's for a Mesa. If any thing shoot them an e-mail they are all quick to respond. And all have great recommendations for a sound you may be going for.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
He's pretty good about pushing the limit's of the Mesa amp's without harming any thing. TBH your best off doing an adjustable bias mod. Which can be found HERE. It's fairly simple and can be done in a couple hours if you have a basic knowledge of Electronics.

Interesting.

I've never heard of anyone doing a bias mod to a Mesa, it's a fairly common mod on Peaveys, but never seen a Mesa for sale that had one
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com