I've been modifying my Squier for several years now and I have just finished it. Its a pertty nice sounding guitar, looks nice, in good shape. But its not performing to my skill level anymore. It wont get the quality leads I want because of something to do with the neck, idk. Might just be me.

But theres a guitar up at my local music shop that I would love to have, I've played it several times and it seems like a good guitar to me. Its a LTD MH-250QMNT. Its about $450 at the store.

Heres the site for it, second guitar down
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mhnt.html

My question is will this be a good trade?

I'm sure I could trade my squier for it since I have more than $400 in upgrades in it. I still want the punishing rythem I get from my EMG's but I also want good sounding leads of a better neck. I'm kinda at a crossroads here. What do ya'll think?
Upgrading guitars doesn't do much for their value I'm afraid. My advice is buy the LTD outright, or take the Squier apart and sell the parts.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

+1, Upgrades help real little in resale, Best you could do is craigs list it or put the stock parts back on and sell all piece by piece. A squire with EMG's at the end of the day is still a squire.
What is your amplifier? Your EMGs may not be getting that lead sound from the neck you are after because you are probably are using a SS and a Squire. A new amplifier may do better justice to your sound than a new guitar.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
I'm using a modifyed Valveking 112, so its not the amp. And the only parts worth selling on the squier are is the KH-21 Pickup configuration and mabey the tuners and saddles. The rest I'll never be able to sell.

But theres no way in hell that a guitar store will offer me a little bit more than what the guitar was worth when I first bought it, which was like $100.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I'm using a modifyed Valveking 112, so its not the amp. And the only parts worth selling on the squier are is the KH-21 Pickup configuration and mabey the tuners and saddles. The rest I'll never be able to sell.

But theres no way in hell that a guitar store will offer me a little bit more than what the guitar was worth when I first bought it, which was like $100.

I'm not sure wether your trying to say "The store is definitely going to give me more than 100" or your asking "So, the store is definitely going to give me only like a 100 bucks?"

If you meant the first thing then your dead wrong. It's a Squier, there isn't a demand for a heavily modded Squier, so there for it has no value reguardless of the parts you have put in it.

If you meant the second thing, then yes, there not going to give you more than 100 bucks.

Your best bet is either to try and sell the Strat on craiglist where someone might be looking for something like that (because the store certainly isn't).