I'm thinking of going to GC today and trying out a few guitars I'm planning on buying in a few months, but do you think this is a bad idea?

I"m worried someone might yell at me because I'm not there to buy guitars or anything.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
no, thats fine, at GC they leave you alone if you don't need help.
Creator of the Llamastack

always a good idea
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Their are some music stores that watch you like a hawk and basically tell you if you're not going to buy it why play it.(Personal experience talking, I looked a good two years before I bought a guitar.) Luckily guitar center isn't one of those places.
people do this all the time. as long as you buy something every three or four trips to the GC, then you'll be fine.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Bin out and about doing only that today and was in a shop at least 3hours testing jacksons/ibanez
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
i do it atleast twice a month, some stores ask that you ask them before you take it off the wall/ rack/ stand -particularly high end guitars, as a potential customer i prefer that if you do it make sure your hands are clean i don`t want someone elses dirt on my guitar (if i buy it).
Ok, and I'm trying out mostly high end guitars ($1500+), so they're still ok with that right?

I hate going to guitar stores =/

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Lol, has anyone noticed that every guitar at any store has already been used?
If you tell them you plan on buying one of these guitars some time in the near futur, they won't care. But really, don't be a jackass and: downtune to drop z and not tune it back up, drop it physically, play it with dirty hands.

If everything is high up on the rack, don't pester the employees every time.
Ibanez RG350MDX
Dunlop Jazz IIIs
DR Tite-fits(Only because High-Beams sell too fast for me to buy them)
Carvin X212B
thats why guitar stores have demo guits. Cant buy something youve never played. Even when you decide on the model you want to take, ask the guy to bring out 3 or 4 of the same model, play em all and walk away with the one you "feel" the most
well don't TELL them you're not going to buy
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Let me get it straight, You're looking for a guitar over the $1500 mark and you haven't ever shopped in a guitar store before? Care to explain?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
Let me get it straight, You're looking for a guitar over the $1500 mark and you haven't ever shopped in a guitar store before? Care to explain?

Interwebz Shops?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I wouldn't buy any guitar without trying it out.
So it's a good idea.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Gargoyle2500

Where did I say I've never shopped in a guitar store before?

I've asked if it'd be a good idea to try out guitars even though I'm not there to buy it, and I said that I hate going to guitar stores. I've gone to them 3-4 times but I've bought a guitar every time (as its about a 30 minute drive and I don't have my own car).

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Even if you go somewhere where the staff watch over you constantly, just tell them you're interested in buying and basically pretend like you're about to purchase something but you're not entirely sure. Say you want to go away for a bit and think about it, or that before you decide what to buy you want to go to another story in your city to try out some other guitars.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i think the most harrasment they would give you is the amp you wanna plug into. they'll want you to plug into a Spider 3 everytime. but other than that, they're pretty chill.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
The key phrase to get Guitar Center employees off your back is "I'm just looking". They'll leave you alone after that. They may check in on your occasionally, and the pushy salesman may try to get your phone number in case it "goes on sale". It won't go on sale, unless it's labor day or Christmas.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
How are they going to know if you're buying or not?

You might be trying them out, then maybe buying one. If you try a guitar, it doesn't mean you have to buy it.
My Gear:

2008 Squier Affinity Telecaster (Special Edition Butterscotch Blonde)
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Marshall MG15CD