What is he using in the picking hand? It look like some band or stuff.
What is it for?
Its tape. He says it helps keep his fingers tight on his picking hand for better technique. I've never seen anyone else do it but him, so I doubt it really does much.
Quote by Matt420740
Its tape. He says it helps keep his fingers tight on his picking hand for better technique. I've never seen anyone else do it but him, so I doubt it really does much.

No. He does it every night, it's because of all the palm-muting and such he does, the strings always hurt his palm, so the band is to protect his hand.
Quote by schwinginbatman
No. He does it every night, it's because of all the palm-muting and such he does, the strings always hurt his palm, so the band is to protect his hand.

thats +1, on the "a day in the life of" documentary he comes off stage with his hand all bruised and busted up and he was comlplaining about how sore his hand was, so he started using that to ease the beating
I wonder if he puts some on his foot also, to protect it from all that wah pedal use
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
I never knew that, that's cool.
"He who controls the past, controls the future. He who controls the present, controls the past." - Orwell
Quote by guidothepimmp
thats +1, on the "a day in the life of" documentary he comes off stage with his hand all bruised and busted up and he was comlplaining about how sore his hand was, so he started using that to ease the beating

It was A year and a half with Metallica.

And his palm was bruised because his palm-muting technique is HIGHLY unpractical
and you just end up hurting yourself
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by yellowv
I wonder if he puts some on his foot also, to protect it from all that wah pedal use

Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Oh yeah and you pronounced "Meine Philosophie" wrong, TS.

Also, I like black.

Quote by Dawnwalker
It was A year and a half with Metallica.

And his palm was bruised because his palm-muting technique is HIGHLY unpractical
and you just end up hurting yourself

lol, thats it, when I was typing it I was thinking sh*t that doesnt sound right. I had that documentary about 15 years ago... man im getting old
oh, and the only other thing I remember is james hetfield was dissing slash (something about the standby button on the amp)...

oooh and "wait a minute! youre not Metallica! who are you and what have you done with my heroes!) lol.

loool, and the "open legs for a different view"

hahah,a its all coming back to me!! memories...
Quote by guidothepimmp
oh, and the only other thing I remember is james hetfield was dissing slash (something about the standby button on the amp)...

oooh and "wait a minute! youre not Metallica! who are you and what have you done with my heroes!) lol.

loool, and the "open legs for a different view"

hahah,a its all coming back to me!! memories...

Afaik Slash spilt beer on James.

Also, I like black.

Quote by Dawnwalker
Afaik Slash spilt beer on James.

Sorry bout the offtopic...

the "harvester of sorrow" on that vid that they played in moscow was EPIC!

at least it was from what I can remember of it...
Quote by schwinginbatman

If you'll look closely in the pic his fingers are taped, not his palm. You can clearly see his knuckles behind the tape. Does he mute with his fingers or something?
Quote by yellowv

I'm so sigging that!
Wow this question get's asked quite a bit. But here's why from various website's pertaining to KH..

Why is Kirk's right hand wrapped during live shows? That is Kirk's picking hand, which he does hit pretty hard playing his guitar. The tape cover the lines in his palm that break open as he plays.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Matt420740
If you'll look closely in the pic his fingers are taped, not his palm. You can clearly see his knuckles behind the tape. Does he mute with his fingers or something?

I don't know. That's essentially what he said, that from the palm-muting and the soloing, the strings get in that area and cut it up.
I thought it was just some sort of sweatband thing.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
nah definetly to protect his hand. Kind of odd really, wonder what's wrong with his technique for that to happen
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.