Hi everyone.
i really want a les paul for a long time.since im 15 and short on money ofcourse it will be an epiphone.
i want to buy it in thomann.de cuz i live in latvia and here the cheapes les paul costs about 800 bucks.pretty cool huh?

so i was wondering about this guitar here http://www.thomann.de/ie/epiphone_lp_standard_mahagony_wb.htm

whats the difference between a regular les paulk standard and this one...

THANKS
A regular Les Paul is the Standard. They make a stripped down version called the Studio, and they make nicer versions as well. But the Standard, is the Standard.
The only difference between that Les Paul and the normal one is that one has a natural finish.. I assume its a Ltd Edition because I have never seen one over here in the UK, it looks pretty nice

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
you could do fine with an ESP eclipse with duncans or an Ibanez art. gibson studios are like epiphones made in the US. their materials are a cheaper than on other les pauls, they may play fine but they arent better les pauls than the other ones i metioned, all IMO of course. However, if you play one and you think it's cool get the exact one you like. i dont reccomend ordering gibsons online because they have a weird quality control, and some "low end" guitars can be awesome while some "high end" can be complete sh*t.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by KeMiKaL
The only difference between that Les Paul and the normal one is that one has a natural finish.. I assume its a Ltd Edition because I have never seen one over here in the UK, it looks pretty nice

yeah it is a limited edition but i want to know is it really sounds like a regular les.
cuz i dont give thing about how it looks.if it sounds good it looks good.
The difference between that one and a Regular LP is that is solid mahogany and doesn't have a maple cap. Standard's have a mahogany back and maple cap. So that guitar will sound different than a Studio/Standard/Custom.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
The difference between that one and a Regular LP is that is solid mahogany and doesn't have a maple cap. Standard's have a mahogany back and maple cap. So that guitar will sound different than a Studio/Standard/Custom.

but is it still sound like les paul?
with diffrent u mean worse?
and will it be better if i put the p90 in it?
No it won't sound worse it will just not have the slight brightness that a maple cap will add. It will be a very warm sounding guitar.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
No it won't sound worse it will just not have the slight brightness that a maple cap will add. It will be a very warm sounding guitar.

ok.
but then whats better .that les paul or an epiphone sg g 400
the one in ur link has a mahogany top i think, i have a gibson les paul standard and i believe it has a maple top