hi im looking for advice on what amp to buy for metal (machine head, lamb of god, slayer etc)
i have a budget ogf around $1000 wiling to buy second hand the cheaper the better =]
i first looked into the 5150 but some friend told me that they are very loud and i only wont one for pubs n' clubs and for practicing at home
so i looked into the marshall jcm 800 and jvm 205h and heard some pretty good stuff
thanks =]

oh and id prefer a half stack to a normal amp
and please tell me what cab to buy but dont inclde in the price thanks guys =]
5150 and use a power attenuator or the bugera 6160 which is just like a 5150 but better cleans and cheaper
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
if you can find a second hand ENGL fireball 100W, go for it. i paid $1250 for a new one, and 400 for a used cabinet. the powerball is the only better amp I've played through than the fireball.

your budget of a $1000 puts you in between of the average joe amps and the really good stuff. save up a little more before you invest in it, if you can get to around $1500 it opens up a whole new range of choices. with $2500 you can go for anything you basically want, new.
I don't mean what I write in my posts.So don't argue back on it,and don't check me..Because,though I don't mean them,they are the only way I can increase my post count.
I pretty much play pubs and clubs with my Randall V2 ninja, and it's louder than my 5150, so you would be fine doing so. You don't have to crank the 5150 to insane degrees to get it to sound crunchy like some all tube amps, so you're fine, trust me. Get a 5150 and a decent cab and you'll be set. i will add that the 5150 has pretty significant noise, so get a noise gate of some sort (I use my DBX 166XL compressor with a built in gate and it works fine). Good luck bro! If you wanna make me a deal on my 5150 head go for it
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
You've still got plenty of options if you go used.

- Mesa Mark III
- Mesa Mark IV
- Mesa Stiletto
- Mesa DC series
- Mesa F series
- Mesa Dual Rectifier 2-channel (sounds alot better than the 3-channel)
- ENGL Blackmore (a bit over budget)
- Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
- Krank Krankenstein
- Krank Revolution
- Peavey 3120
- Peavey XXX
- Peavey Ultra Plus
- Peavey Butcher
- Peavey VTM
- 5150/6505
- Crate GT3500H Shockwave (solid-state)
- Ampeg VH140c (also solid-state; very br00t4l)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by petchy
6505, no if's and's or but's

6505 = 5105. get either. they are quite loud, but you can use an attenuator.

why do you exacty prefer a halfstack?

EDIT: that jamaican buckethead guy gave the best advice ITT. just choose from his list
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by Raijouta
You've still got plenty of options if you go used.

- Mesa Mark III
- Mesa Mark IV
- Mesa Stiletto
- Mesa DC series
- Mesa F series
- Mesa Dual Rectifier 2-channel (sounds alot better than the 3-channel)
- ENGL Blackmore (a bit over budget)
- Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
- Krank Krankenstein
- Krank Revolution
- Peavey 3120
- Peavey XXX
- Peavey Ultra Plus
- Peavey Butcher
- Peavey VTM
- 5150/6505
- Crate GT3500H Shockwave (solid-state)
- Ampeg VH140c (also solid-state; very br00t4l)

epic list sir...I agree with anything on there honestly...very nice..
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
I pretty much play pubs and clubs with my Randall V2 ninja, and it's louder than my 5150, so you would be fine doing so. You don't have to crank the 5150 to insane degrees to get it to sound crunchy like some all tube amps, so you're fine, trust me. Get a 5150 and a decent cab and you'll be set. i will add that the 5150 has pretty significant noise, so get a noise gate of some sort (I use my DBX 166XL compressor with a built in gate and it works fine). Good luck bro! If you wanna make me a deal on my 5150 head go for it

maybe sometime soon
Quote by 1jack369
maybe sometime soon

sounds good man let me know..it's a 5150, not II and it sounds great for what you want, great condition too
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Randalls or Marshalls(no MGs) or Peaveys. But good luck finding a good Marshall or Peavey stack under $1000. For price and good metal sound, go with a Randall half stack, I'd say. Although the last Randall stack I played was from like 5 years ago so the model's probably not in production anymore. But there's others.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by 1jack369
hi im looking for advice on what amp to buy for metal (machine head, lamb of god, slayer etc)
i have a budget ogf around $1000 wiling to buy second hand the cheaper the better =]
i first looked into the 5150 but some friend told me that they are very loud and i only wont one for pubs n' clubs and for practicing at home
so i looked into the marshall jcm 800 and jvm 205h and heard some pretty good stuff
thanks =]

oh and id prefer a half stack to a normal amp
and please tell me what cab to buy but dont inclde in the price thanks guys =]

look at my thread for a list of them

I suggest looking for a USED Mark III, it can get Lamb OF God Tones and Slayer tones easily.
Also check the Baron MI60L
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me