I'm looking for a good solid-body electric guitar that has a nice jazz sound. I'm looking for the classic 0 treble with a poppy bass sound (hopefully that makes sense). Any suggestions?
I find that naturally brighter sounding guitars with humbuckers with the tone rolled off can get some really nice jazz tones. Look at some teles with humbuckers in the neck.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
About everything that has maple in it.
(tops or bodys)

e.g. PRS´ and LPs have maple tops.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Gibson Les Paul, the solid body jazz guitar
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I had an Ibanez Artist that would sounds very good in a jazz setting. I highly recommend them, simply because everyone thinks others first, so you can get them for sometimes less. I still regret selling that guitar. It was a special one to me. I was able to get a good John Scofield type sound out of it, even though he plays a semi-hollow.
A Les Paul, Les Paul Doublecut or a PRS Custom 22. The regular humbuckers could work okay, though I think you might be better off with some P-90 pickups instead. Just remember to roll the tone knob down a bit because most classic jazz tones were created with guitars that were at least semi-hollow and a solid body guitar is going to need to have it's tone controls rolled down at least a little to get close to that.

Whatever you end up going for, try to aim for a thick body with a lot of body mass. Pickups should be very low output with decent clarity but not Fender style singlecoils - humbuckers or P-90s will be what you want (P-90s will be a touch clearer, but they can become victims of 50/60hz cycle hum). Whatever you get, you might want to consider having the existing control pots changed to high-quality 250k pots for both volume and tone controls (most guitars with humbuckers or P-90s will come with 500k pots, which give a brighter tone).

As far as getting punchy bass goes, that's more down to your amp and speakers than the guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
For a cheaper Jazz guitar, I suggest to you the Grestch Pro Jet...

It's got a bigsby, great jazz sound, and if you ever want to, you can shred with it. 'Nuff said. Price, $700.

An Epi 1956 Les Paul Gold Top would probably be nice too. The 50's were the age of Jazz, and it comes with P90's. On top of that, I think they're only like $500 or $600.