Check out the links in my sig to our UG Profile and Myspace. We're The Curse Of Hail, and we're entering the studio in December to record our full length. We got a few Demos on teh myspace and one on the UG Profile. If you're in the Iowa area, you should come on out and check one of our shows! Thanks bros.

:::::EDIT:::::
Check it out, this Friday! Costume Throwdown!

And again this Saturday!

::::EDIT::::

Shirts are in!!!!!!! $10 at any show.

:::EDIT:::
Show this Thursday on the Iowa State Campus! Homecoming Battle Of The Bands! Shirts have also been ordered and will be available next week. Continue to check this thread and Myspace for updates! Thanks.

::EDIT::
We got a Re-record of "Counsel Ov The Lord" on the Myspace and UG Profile. Take a listen.

::EDIT::
Show next Wednesday! Check it out if you're in the Des Moines Area!

Last edited by JagStang5246 at Oct 26, 2009,
Why is Vegeta on the poster?
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
I see.
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
Yeah, it is, lol. WE usually don't pay to have Fliers made if it can be done at home. Plus, Vegeta is a badass.
I don't know how it works over there but when my band plays shows the booking person/people make the flier or pay for someone to do the flier, then they send it to the bands lol, of course some bands here are douches and make their own unofficial fliers so they can be on the top and think they are more important to the show then they really are.
Guitars:
ESP Kirk Hammet KH-2 (The real deal )
Gibson 1979 L.E. Explorer
Gibson SG Standard - FOR SALE
ESP LTD DJ-600 - FOR SALE
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 Kerry King Signature Half Stack
Marshall MG100HDFX Half Stack
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
My band was the one who set up the show, created the flier, and sent it to the other bands and venue. We are also headlining the show with 9th Gate, so that poster is correct in placement of the names.
Yeah, we're working on it, lol. All we got is a Tascam 8-track and craptacular mics. We recently invested in an SM-57, and it makes a world of difference! We wanna enter the studio in December, and come out with a 6 song EP.
How are you gonna record drums? This can prove difficult with 1 mic
X_X
Guitars:
Amps:
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
Well, what I meant was that the 57 makes everything as a whole sound better, lol. We still use some of the not so good mics. There is usually 4-5 mikes set up on the kit when we record. I was a little vague, lol.
you might wanna invest in some more mics. idk what your budget would be.
Guitars:
Amps:
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
We don't have a large budget, and we just spent most of it on our first set of shirts. We go into the studio in December, and it's free, so we don't really need to worry about mics at the moment.
Sounds pretty good. I'd suggest experimenting with mic placement on the kick and snare drums to get a fuller sound, maybe some more reverb on the vocals. Your drummer could be tighter but I like the songs and your performance a lot.
Listening to "Congregation" now. The riffing's good and catchy, good drumming, nice vocal range (the growls and shrieks).
But, vocally speaking, the vocalist (don't know if it's you or not) needs to do theur growls more so they get lower and more powerful
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
Thanks bro! It's the lead guitarist that does the vocals as well. Lol, kinda got a James Malone thing going on.
It's okay. It's not really death metal, the riffs are very metalcore ish which isn't my thing, but it's alright. Vocals are actually very good. The drum sound is really, really bad, and he isn't to great either.
Quote by AlanHB
As for the guitarist being a wanker - he's a guitarist. Get used to it.
Bump!

It's just a demo. The drummer is quite a bit better, but he tries to do it all in one take. We see where this gets someone, quality wise haha. We're working on it though.
Last edited by JagStang5246 at Nov 24, 2009,
im pretty sure its against the rules to bump your own thread more than once.

anyway i like your music, could be a little heavier to suit my tastes but it sounds good for hardcore/metalcore

C4C?
www.myspace.com/exylum
Quote by tcoh8100
You can bump it once a day bro, lol. It's all good.

not true at all. read the rules.

no bumping. no making multiple threads for the same band.