Poll: Do you use vibratos?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you use vibratos?
Yes, I do use vibratos
40 91%
No, I don't
4 9%
Voters: 44.
alot of rock songs use vibrato and bends. They do add rythm and sound cool...but do you use them alot?
I use them very much.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Yep, I'm a vibrato wh0re
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Vibrato is what defines you as a guitarist... Of course I use it
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Yes I do use em.

Just plain senseless if you dont even want to hold a note
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Alright, il put up a different question as everyone does vibrato in their leads. Who here uses vibrato on their chords? Like does vibrato on each note they're fretting. I do this alot and sounds great on faster blues songs on acoustic.
Quote by Elden G20
Alright, il put up a different question as everyone does vibrato in their leads. Who here uses vibrato on their chords? Like does vibrato on each note they're fretting. I do this alot and sounds great on faster blues songs on acoustic.

Yeah, chord bends too sometimes.
On leads, yes, all the time. To me, this is one of the most important parts of playing lead - and if you had to pick one single technique that's the difference between sounding good and not sounding good, that's it.

On chords, occassionally.
I use them when needed. It's just an embelishment, you don't want to over-do things.

To answer, yes, especially vibrato. I use them on everything from single notes, to chords, to harmonics.
i use whatever the phrase needs to make it sound the way i want it to sound and vibrato is just another technique to use to make this happen.

it`s great for improv `cos it gives you the space to pause and think about where you want to go next.