I want to buy a guitar with a whammy bar and was wondering which one should I get cos I wanna play Metallica stuff mostly. So, any suggestions?
Probably the ESP LTD KH-602

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
ESP is what they use now, theyve also in the past used Gibsons. depends on whether you want a modern or classic metallica sound, and your bank account
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Anything with EMG's. ESP is great and both Kirk and James use ESP's.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Kirk also used to use a Jackson (a Rhoads model I believe), so that's another option to consider.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
hammett has used so many brands in the past from jackson to gibson and now obviously his esp's.

Ever considered what effects and amps they may use? i would wory less about the guitar and look at all the backline gear.
ESPs are great yeah, but Schecters are worth a look too. The C1 FR has an original Floyd Rose. Its also decked with split coil EMGs, 24 frets, Grover tuners, and generally doesnt need any upgrades. Go check out schecterguitars.com
Quote by OfficialPressSt
ESPs are great yeah, but Schecters are worth a look too. The C1 FR has an original Floyd Rose. Its also decked with split coil EMGs, 24 frets, Grover tuners, and generally doesnt need any upgrades. Go check out schecterguitars.com

This. Minus the FR part.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by falconthefirst
This. Minus the FR part.

Why no FR? Dude says he wants a whammy.

Metallica's "main" guitars are ESP's with EMG pickups. I've seen them use everything from Gibson to Ibanez to Fenders.
Quote by SPBY
Probably the ESP LTD KH-602

I played one of these, they are GODLY!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
kirk hammet signature esp models
Prog rock, Grunge, Rap, Classical, Blues

Gear:
Line 6 Pod 2.0
Space echo
Pedal Pad AXSXL
OD20
ROLAND GR 20
120watt spider III
ESP M1000FM
Line 6 MM4 modulation

Wanted:
Custom guitar
Delay pedal
& WAY MORE
i dunno, my bc rich nj series speedloader beast with seymour duncan hotrodded jazz pickups seems to do it pretty well. i'd imagine most of their sound comes from the amps and pedals though, but i'd imagine about any quality solid body with hot humbuckers would do the job though.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
I quite liked playing the ESP KH202 - nice neck, nice sound and I think it would work well for Metallica.
Quote by falconthefirst
Anything with EMG's.

This. just get a guitar that suits you with these in and you'll be fine. I played a jackson usa dinky with emgs and it did a awesome cover of master of puppets
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
basically anything with emgs and a tremolo, but honestly get a guitar that u like to play not that kirk likes to play. if u want to get their sound thats cool but it mostly comes from the amps and stuff they use
Old Metallica - Gibson Guitars/Marshall Amps
New Metallica - Esp Guitars/Randall Amps
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Well, as far as signiature models ,go, the 602 is about £800, the 202 is £450 and the real deal is like £1700...
i just got an Ltd EX400 last week, with the same pickups as hetfield... perfect for all their rhythm stuff

+ you get a better palm mute sound from a normal bridge instead of a floyd rose

and i only paid £450 for it...bargain
Last edited by jh282 at Sep 27, 2009,
Guitar doesnt matter so long as theres a decent Humbucker in the bridge position, it can play metal, THE AMP IS WHAT MATTERS TO ACHIEVE THE TONE. (and if you're trying to be Kirk, you might buy yourself a wah pedal too.)
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?