I was intending to get a new amp next year. Was planning to get a bugera 6260 till I discovered that import tax doubled the price. That effectively brings my budget to USD 400. Play mostly metal,looking for athick sound. Want to avoid the thin early thrash metal sound. Would an HT5 be worth the money over an HT Dist X pedal?
If you wanna compare the HT-5 to a HT-Dist X you should probably tell us what kind of amp you'll be running the pedal through.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Buy a new amp.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Get the HT-5.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
But the blackstar isn't your only choice y'know...
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
What kind of music do you play? Will you be gigging? What kind of budget might you have?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
What kind of music do you play? Will you be gigging? What kind of budget might you have?

Budget=USD 800 (AFTER import tax....IT on amps and guitars is huge. A USD 600 Bugera becomes USD 1000)
So effectively USD 400-500. Play metal, mostly melodeath and prog, like COB , In Flames, Dream Theater, and NWOBHM like Maiden and Priest. Want a thick sound. Want to avoid the thin metallica-ish thrash sound.
Will have a mic for gigging, which wont be frequent anyway. In the school abnd. We play maybe once every three months.
i heard blackstar HT-5 can do everything apart from heavy/thrash metal. might be better of with something else
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
HT-5 + OD pedal?

Why are you calculating in import tax? Does nobody in the US retail them? Infact, I KNOW that GC retails HT-5's.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
HT-5 + OD pedal?

Why are you calculating in import tax? Does nobody in the US retail them? Infact, I KNOW that GC retails HT-5's.

Um....i DONT live in the US. Live in India. EVERYTHING here is imported. My LTD cost me USD 560. Its retail price is USD 320. A friends EC 1000 set him back by USD 1690. The retail price is USD 900.
And I'm interested in either/or. Not both.
EDIT 2 : You mean boosting the HT with an OD?
If I use the TS 9 model on my DF 7 on my MG the level of distortion seems to go down as compared to just the amp.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Sep 27, 2009,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Um....i DONT live in the US. Live in India. EVERYTHING here is imported. My LTD cost me USD 560. Its retail price is USD 320. A friends EC 1000 set him back by USD 1690. The retail price is USD 900.
And I'm interested in either/or. Not both.
EDIT 2 : You mean boosting the HT with an OD?
If I use the TS 9 model on my DF 7 on my MG the level of distortion seems to go down as compared to just the amp.

That's because OD pedals are designed for tube amps.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Your best bet is the HT-5 with an OD for tighter metal. Maybe a B-52. Also consider a used Peavey 5150. Maybe a Randall RG50TC? Peavey 6505 112/ Vypyr Tube 60. I heard the Laney GH50L is good for metal too.

I feel your pain. I also live outside the US so it's hard for me to get hold of a Blackstar or Peavey, but the prices of musical instruments here, despite being imported, is often the same price if not cheaper than in the US.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
Your best bet is the HT-5 with an OD for tighter metal. Maybe a B-52. Also consider a used Peavey 5150. Maybe a Randall RG50TC? Peavey 6505 112/ Vypyr Tube 60. I heard the Laney GH50L is good for metal too.

I feel your pain. I also live outside the US so it's hard for me to get hold of a Blackstar or Peavey, but the prices of musical instruments here, despite being imported, is often the same price if not cheaper than in the US.

Well import taexs are high here....still better than Europe...theres one country dont recall the name that levies 300%.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Looking at the Vypyr 60. Its all tube right? Not a hybrid like the Randall G3?

The vypyr is SS, no tubes in there, unless your talking about the tube vyyr, wich is all-tube (even if you can't really say that a digital modeler is all tube cause the modeling section is digital but whatever)
Quote by Sguit
The vypyr is SS, no tubes in there, unless your talking about the tube vyyr, wich is all-tube (even if you can't really say that a digital modeler is all tube cause the modeling section is digital but whatever)

tube vypyr. is it good for teh thick brootalez?