so i had a thread on this a little while ago, but now i will add pictures. so i have an epiphone explorer 1958 and i want to replace the white pickguard with a black one.

im looking to buy one, i dont have one yet, and i was looking at this

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Black-Gibson-Gothic-Explorer-Pickguard_W0QQitemZ220477398828QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item33557a1f2c&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

will it fit?

and now, my troubles. so i removed my pickguard the other day to see how easy it would be to replace, and when i took it off i found that the toggle switch is basically attached to it or it seems, and i didnt even think of that. so how would i replace this without damaging anything, here are the pictures i took and how, to me, looks difficult. thanks.

the last picture is to show you if that pickguard will fit my guitar.

And is my pickguard 1 ply or 5 ply?
Attachments:
DSC00092 (Custom).JPG
DSC00093 (Custom).JPG
DSC00094 (Custom).JPG
misc 005 (Custom) (2).jpg
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
the ring around the toggle switch is a nut. unscrew that an the toggle slides out through the hole in the pickguard
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
Quote by Robbo1422
the ring around the toggle switch is a nut. unscrew that an the toggle slides out through the hole in the pickguard

how do i unscrew it?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
bump, help?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Pliers?

And that was a quick bump. Give it at least a fewhours before bumping

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
Pliers?

And that was a quick bump. Give it at least a fewhours before bumping

i was impatient =]. and im guessing that would break the toggle right?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
i was impatient =]. and im guessing that would break the toggle right?

no, the gold part unscrews. and yea, the one you're looking at should fit, all the holes for the screws look like they're in the right place.
The ring around the switch simply unscrews as others have mentioned. If its tight you may need pliers to get it loose. Simple as simple can be.

Here's a pic. Your switch may not look exactly like this one, but they all attach the same. You can clearly see the threads where the ring screws on. - http://cgi.ebay.com/Short-Straight-3-Way-LP-SG-Toggle-Switch-Gold-Metal-Tip_W0QQitemZ170373000852QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item27ab05ae94&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Last edited by Matt420740 at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by Matt420740
The ring around the switch simply unscrews as others have mentioned. If its tight you may need pliers to get it loose. Simple as simple can be.

Here's a pic. Your switch may not look exactly like this one, but they all attach the same. You can clearly see the threads where the ring screws on. - http://cgi.ebay.com/Short-Straight-3-Way-LP-SG-Toggle-Switch-Gold-Metal-Tip_W0QQitemZ170373000852QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item27ab05ae94&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

great thanks, ill give it a try, and get back to you!
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Matt420740

it worked, great thanks! now ill buy the pickguard and post new pics of my guitar =]
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
STOP that pickguard will not fit, you have a epihone 1958 explorer, that pickguard is for the gibson 1976 explorer, you need to search ebay for an EPIPHONE pickguard then you can change them over.

and in the future please read the ebay listing before asking UG

"Please note that this pickguard will only fit genuine Gibson Gothic Explorers. This pickguard will not fit non-Gothic Gibson Explorers or Epiphone Gothic Explorers, please check my other auctions for non-Gothic Gibson Explorers and Epiphone Gothic Explorer pickguards."
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
1982 Ibanez Rocket Roll II
Charvel(ish) San Dimas 2 (modding)
Jackson PS-4 (modding)
Squier Affinity Strat (modding)
custom made Flying V/ Iceman
Headless Steinberger copy

Hail the Hordes!!
Last edited by Ashlakh at Sep 26, 2009,
Quote by Ashlakh
STOP that pickguard will not fit, you have a epihone 1958 explorer, that pickguard is for the gibson 1976 explorer, you need to search ebay for an EPIPHONE pickguard then you can change them over.

and in the future please read the ebay listing before asking UG

"Please note that this pickguard will only fit genuine Gibson Gothic Explorers. This pickguard will not fit non-Gothic Gibson Explorers or Epiphone Gothic Explorers, please check my other auctions for non-Gothic Gibson Explorers and Epiphone Gothic Explorer pickguards."

well i read it, but i thought it looked like it would fit. i wanted to know if anyone had experience with them.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
btw your pickguard looks to be 3ply, tho i think (as long as the screws are long enouf) you could use any ply, 1-5 or whatever.

and yeah, your gonna want to find the plate that fits your model, if there are disclaimers saying it doesnt fit your model, it wont fit.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.