So, I bought a new guitar and amp (Note that I am a beginner). Anyways, I tried to play So Cold by Breaking Benjamin , and I could pretty much play it, but the weird thing is that it doesn't sound like the song when I play. Its in tune (Drop C).

Either its to light, or to deep (I can't seem to get it into the middle), and its ringy. Playing loud doesn't make it better either. This especially happens when I play notes that require more than one string. It doesn't sound like distorted enough, it sounds to clean.
CHORUS
E|--------|----------------------| -------|------------------------|
A|---10---|----------------------|---10---|------------------------|
F|---10---|----------------------|---10---|------------------------|
C|8-- 8---|0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0--10|8-- 8---|0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0--10-7|
G|8-- 8---|0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0--10|8-- 8---|0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0--10-7|
C|8-- 8---|0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0--10|8-- 8---|0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0--10-7|

My guitar is: Ibanez Grx20
Amp: Line 6 Spider III 15 watt. Right now I turned the Treble and Bass settings all the way to the right (100). The Mid button is turned all the way to the left (0). I play on Crunch, cause its the hard rock setting. Reverb for the echo effect, but the general sound sucks.

Can someone tell me what my amp settings and guitar settings should be like? Preferably one that breaking benjamin uses.

Please don't tell me it's the amp or guitar or both...

Btw, I switch between the top strings and lower strings. In other words, I play what Ben plays, and then switch to Aaron for a bit, then come back to Ben at the chorus.

Also, do I lack accessories? Like pedals and stuff, cause I don't have any of those. Do the people on YouTube who cover BB's song use pedals (I can't see their feet).
I don't think pedals work with Spiders anyway.

What you should probably do is turn your treble and bass down a bit, or turn up your mids at least. Try the red metal setting on the amp dial too, that might work a bit better.
Use the Ultimate Settings Thread bro and welcome to UG.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688660

Personally, I would hit up the Line 6 forums on their web site. They have a whole section dedicated to this amp and user presets etc.

vGear bashing is not necessary.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 26, 2009,
Throw your amp out of your window, shoot it with a shotgun while it's in mid-air and throw a nade after it to be sure that it gets destroyed and get a good amp.

/Thread

Maybe try the Metal-Setting and don't EQ so badly.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz